I know some people may not understand the system but Amber Guyger is still in front of the grand jury, for the shooting death of Botham Jean in his apartment on September 6th. The grand jury is to determine if she will even go to trial for murdering Botham Jean. Guyger was fired from the Dallas Police Department on Sept. 24.
A Dallas County grand jury continued to hear testimony Wednesday in the case against fired Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, who fatally shot 26-year-old Botham Jean at his apartment in September.
The 12-person grand jury – which began hearing evidence on Monday and is tasked with deciding whether Guyger will be cleared in the case, or go to trial for manslaughter or murder – could be deliberating until Friday.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- T.I. Talks New Album ‘Libra,’ Female Rap, An ATL Sequel In The Works, His CAU College Course +More
- Black Ops: Kanye West Says He’ll Be Appearing On ‘The Joe Rogan Experience’
- Feds Arrest Rapper Who Snitched On His Own Unemployment Scam In Song
- Nicki Minaj Just Brought The Bars Back The Barbs
- Dozens Of Black Playwrights Blast Lilly-White Theater Industry
- LISTEN: Kamala Harris On Cleveland, Ohio, $15 Minimum Wage, Underfunded Schools, Black Wealth and Ice Cube
- Benny The Butcher ft. Hit-Boy “Legend,” Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist ft. Conway The Machine “Babies & Fools” & More | Daily Visuals 10.16.20
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Diddy Creates A Political Party For Black People
- T.I. Talks New Album “The L.I.B.R.A.,” Returning To TV, Teaching A College Course + More
- Twitter Hilariously Clowns Chance The Rapper After He Asks Fans The Best Song On “The Big Day”