I know some people may not understand the system but Amber Guyger is still in front of the grand jury, for the shooting death of Botham Jean in his apartment on September 6th. The grand jury is to determine if she will even go to trial for murdering Botham Jean. Guyger was fired from the Dallas Police Department on Sept. 24.
A Dallas County grand jury continued to hear testimony Wednesday in the case against fired Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, who fatally shot 26-year-old Botham Jean at his apartment in September.
The 12-person grand jury – which began hearing evidence on Monday and is tasked with deciding whether Guyger will be cleared in the case, or go to trial for manslaughter or murder – could be deliberating until Friday.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Gordon Parks
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: James McCune Smith
- Happy Birthday, Bob Marley! Reggae Legend Lives On In Death
- The Grammy’s: Biggest Moments of the Night
- Legendary Skater Tony Hawk To Help Fund Skatepark In Honor Of Tyre Nichols
- REPORT: Quavo & Offset In Physical Altercation Following Grammy Tribute to Takeoff
- Latto Says Her Man Pays All The Bills + Crazy ATL Strip Club Story
- Reunion Radio Rewind
- Breaking: Dallas Mavericks Land A Trade for Brooklyn Nets Guard Kyrie Irving
- The Grammy’s: Fabulous But Make It Green