Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
On Friday, March 9, TSA at Newark Liberty International reportedly found a loaded .38-caliber handgun in Juelz Santana‘s bag. Once the weapon was discovered, the rapper allegedly fled the airport in a taxi. “As TSA started going through his bag, he ran out of the airport and jumped in a cab,” an agent told local news outlet the South Passaic Daily Voice. Santana allegedly left both of his bags behind, as well as an identification card.
Now, NBC New York is reporting the rapper has surrendered to authorities. He “turned himself in around 1 a.m. The 36-year-old Harlem-born performer faces charges of unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of a controlled dangerous substance, along with a charge related to an unspecified federal warrant, Port Authority officials said. He is due in Newark federal court later Tuesday.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to TSA regulations, bringing a weapon to an airport security checkpoint is punishable by a fine. In addition, Santana is a convicted felon, so he is possibly facing prison time.
- #ThatsMajorChallenge Courtesy Of Young Dolph Could Win Yourself A Car
- T.I.’s Melania Trump Double Is Getting Death Threats [Video]
- Dallas Cowboys’ Terrance Williams Accused Of Assaulting IG Model, Player Denies Incident
- Nipsey Hussle ft. Buddy “Status Symbol 3,” Jason Derulo & David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj & Willy William “Goodbye” & More | Daily Visuals 10.22.18
- Kayne West Gave $73,540 to Amara Enyia
- Cardi B’s ASMR
- Calling All Our NYC Naturalistas: Join Us At The Tresses And Dresses Bridal Soireé
- A BAPE x EA Sports Collection Is Here [Photos]
- No Chill: Brother Nature’s Foul Unearthed Tweets Spark Hilarious Memes
- Amy Schumer Supports Kaepernick, Won’t Do a Super Bowl Commercial This Year