In an interview on CBS’ This Morning Virginia Governor Ralph Northam initially referred to the Africans who landed on Virginia’s shores hundreds of years ago as “indentured servants.”
The Governor, who, in my opinion, should have already resigned because of a photo of two people from his yearbook wearing blackface and one dressed as a Ku Klux Klan member. The governor claimed he’s not either of the people in that photo.
Indentured servants are men and women who signed a contract that they would come to America and work for a certain number of years in exchange for passage, room, board and eventually their freedom.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Damn Who Made Plies Mad
- 10th Annual Radio One Celebrity Golf Classic [Video]
- Z1079 Interview With DDG
- 97.9 The Beat 2022 State Fair Classic[VIDEO]
- Akon On Nick Cannon’s Having Multiple Baby Mamas:”They’re All Happy!”
- AFAF: “Her Offered Me 100K To Break-Up With His Daughter!”
- Rihanna Steps Out In A Sexy Black Gown For A$AP Rocky’s 34th Birthday
- The New ‘Wakanda Forever’ Trailer Will Give You Goosebumps. Watch It Here.
- Akon Talks New Music, Michael Jackson Memories, Monogamy & More!
- BET Hip-Hop Awards 2022: Trick Daddy on Trina “I Never Get Nominated, She Gotta Win For Us”