In an interview on CBS’ This Morning Virginia Governor Ralph Northam initially referred to the Africans who landed on Virginia’s shores hundreds of years ago as “indentured servants.”
The Governor, who, in my opinion, should have already resigned because of a photo of two people from his yearbook wearing blackface and one dressed as a Ku Klux Klan member. The governor claimed he’s not either of the people in that photo.
Indentured servants are men and women who signed a contract that they would come to America and work for a certain number of years in exchange for passage, room, board and eventually their freedom.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Future & 21 Savage Drop $300k on ‘Hood Day’ … This Water Park is Ours!!!
- Tyra Banks Defines Hair Goals In Her Latest Social Media Post
- Any Time, Any Place: 6 Seniors Arrested for Public Sex
- FAB FINDS: The Best Beauty Products For Under $20.00
- Walmart Accused Of Racism For Locking Black Haircare Products Behind Glass
- Grocery Shopping With The Migos Looks Like This
- Here’s A Moment He Will Never Forget
- 4 Students Shot At College Block Party Near Clark Atlanta University [VIDEO]
- WELP: Spider-Man Will No Longer Be Apart Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe And People Are PISSED
- Behind The Scenes: ‘Matrix 4’ Has Officially Been Green Lit With Lana Wachowski Directing