In an interview on CBS’ This Morning Virginia Governor Ralph Northam initially referred to the Africans who landed on Virginia’s shores hundreds of years ago as “indentured servants.”
The Governor, who, in my opinion, should have already resigned because of a photo of two people from his yearbook wearing blackface and one dressed as a Ku Klux Klan member. The governor claimed he’s not either of the people in that photo.
Indentured servants are men and women who signed a contract that they would come to America and work for a certain number of years in exchange for passage, room, board and eventually their freedom.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Comedian Anthony “AJ” Johnson, Best Known For ‘Friday’ & ‘I Got The Hook Up,’ Passes Away
- Get The Details On Yara Shahidi’s Classic, Timeless Emmy Awards Hair
- DreamDoll Tells IG Live She Was Robbed In St.Louis & The Thief Was Killed
- Get The Details On Angela Bassett’s Chic Emmy’s Hair
- Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson’s Grandson Killed By Gunfire In Kinsman Neighborhood
- Haiti Wants ‘Humanitarian Moratorium’ As US Begins Sending 14,000 Migrants In Texas Back To Decimated Nation
- Black Police Chief Faces Intense Criticism For Pushing To Reform Waterloo Police Department
- Sevyn Streeter Teases ‘Drunken Wordz Sober Thoughtz’, Talks Drunken Behavior, Mental Health + More!
- Uptown’s Finest: Dapper Dan To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Chico bean Talks Headlining Hometown Show, Losing His Mother, Growing Up In DC, His Future + More