In an interview on CBS’ This Morning Virginia Governor Ralph Northam initially referred to the Africans who landed on Virginia’s shores hundreds of years ago as “indentured servants.”
The Governor, who, in my opinion, should have already resigned because of a photo of two people from his yearbook wearing blackface and one dressed as a Ku Klux Klan member. The governor claimed he’s not either of the people in that photo.
Indentured servants are men and women who signed a contract that they would come to America and work for a certain number of years in exchange for passage, room, board and eventually their freedom.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Cardi B Is Mad Mad (Explicit Content)
- Rich Da Kid Jammed Up At Airport
- Metro Boomin and Gunna ‘Space Cadet’ [New Video]
- Wiz Khalifa is Coming Back to the DFW
- Croissant Corsages Are A Thing
- Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems: Michael Avenatti Accused of Embezzling Over $2 Million From NBA Player Hassan Whiteside
- The 25 Greatest Snacks for 4-20
- Listen to Bun B & Statik Selektah’s Joint Album ‘TrillStatik’ [Stream]
- Childish Gambino and Adidas Announce New Collab
- Chris Brown Announces New Tour with Nicki Minaj