In an interview on CBS’ This Morning Virginia Governor Ralph Northam initially referred to the Africans who landed on Virginia’s shores hundreds of years ago as “indentured servants.”
The Governor, who, in my opinion, should have already resigned because of a photo of two people from his yearbook wearing blackface and one dressed as a Ku Klux Klan member. The governor claimed he’s not either of the people in that photo.
Indentured servants are men and women who signed a contract that they would come to America and work for a certain number of years in exchange for passage, room, board and eventually their freedom.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Icon: The Rihanna Google Challenge Sparks Fashion Inspiration Just In Time For RiRi’s B-Day
- Lena Headey Talks Game Of Thrones Ending, Fighting With Family & More
- Veda Loca In The Morning: Can You Do 40 Push-Ups? [VIDEO]
- Veda Loca In The Morning: Trending Topic [VIDEO]
- Kamala Harris Rises In Polls As New Surveys Show Biden Less Dominant
- An 11-Year-Old Florida Student Arrested For Not Standing During The Pledge Of Allegiance
- R.I.P Fashion God! 18 Stylish Photos Of Karl Lagerfeld & His Famous Friends
- North Carolina Republicans Admit To Suppressing The Black Vote
- Credit Card Scammers Are Still At It In Texas [VIDEO]
- Black History Month 2019: Beyonce