Bad news for fans of SZA who are going to see her on The Championship Tour.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
For anyone with tickets to upcoming dates on TDE’s tour ready to see their girl SZA sing her heart out, that might be impossible–that is if her vocal chords have anything to say about it.
Top Dawg, the founder of TDE, announced that SZA would be off of the lineup for the Championship Tour for an unknown amount of time. He wrote in an announcement posted to social media that the songstress’ “vocal chords are swollen and she have to rest her voice to prevent any permanent damage.” She didn’t perform at the last two shows of the tour, and will be indefinitely taken off of the lineup for at least the next couple of days.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
This is definitely sad news for anyone attending the tour, but Top assures fans that they’re find a way to make it up to anyone who goes to a show without SZA.
A good consolation prize? Fans still get to see Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, and more on tour–which is definitely nothing to frown at.
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Busta Rhymes “Boomp!,” Benny The Butcher “Famous” & More | Daily Visuals 11.30.20
- 1 Dead After Columbus Police Respond To Altercation
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty On All Charges In Death Of George Floyd
- Hip Hop Spot: This Rapper Is Shooting Her Shot At Kanye West?! [WATCH]
- Dr. Fauci Predicts What Our “Normal” Will Look Like In The Future [WATCH]
- 5 Facts to Know When Celebrating 4/20 In North Texas
- Exclusive Q&A: Curren$y Drops A Special First-Of-Its-Kind NFT With New EP, “Financial District” On 4/20
- Memorial Service For DMX Will Be Family & Friends Only
- ‘School of Rock’ Clip Resurfaces Promoting Body Positivity & Jack Black Gets Well-Deserved Praises
- Oldest Living Woman Known Dies In Her Charlotte Home
- Prayers: Scottie Pippen’s Son Has Passed Age 33
Here’s Why SZA Is Taking Some Time Off Of TDE’s ‘Championship Tour’ was originally published on globalgrind.com