Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979beat’
From New York Daily News:
This time, it’s “Making Money” anchor and “Cashin’ In” panelist Charles Payne who is being sued, by a Manhattan book publisher for allegedly cashing in on a $50,000 advance and failing to deliver a manuscript.
The lawsuit filed Tuesday by Hachette Book Group claims Payne was under contract to write a book “about his experiences in rising from poverty to building a successful life.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
…But when Payne’s deadline approached, he told Hachette he would not be delivering the manuscript, according to court papers. “Payne has failed and refused to repay the $50,000,” according to the lawsuit.
Payne’s lawsuit comes amid Fox News taking a lot of heat for a sexual harassment scandal involving O’Reilly, who was fired from the network and replaced by Tucker Carlson Wednesday, reports The San Diego Union-Tribune.
Read about O’Reilly’s end at Fox on NewsOne.
The 9 Biggest Scandals Of The Century
1. The Lewinsky ScandalSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Watergate ScandalSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. John Wayne Bobbitt and Lorena BobbittSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Penn State Child Sex Abuse ScandalSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. People of the State of California v. Orenthal James SimpsonSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Clarence Thomas ControversySource:Getty 6 of 9
7. People of the State of California vs. Conrad Robert MurraySource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Eliot Spitzer Prostitution ScandalSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Tiger Woods’ Infidelity ScandalSource:Getty 9 of 9
Shake Our Heads: Another Fox News Anchor Facing Lawsuit was originally published on newsone.com