Duncanville High School’s basketball coach Cathy Self-Morgan, resigned on Wednesday amid accusations of recruiting violations.
Her record of 1,170-287, including a 105-game winning streak and leading Duncanville to five Texas state titles after taking over the program in 2000.
The allegations of illegal recruiting stem from Sheridane Gusters, the mother of former Duncanville star Hannah Gusters. The elite junior prospect transferred from Duncanville to Irving MacArthur in December, but the UIL ruled that she was ineligible this season. Sheridane Gusters told The Dallas Morning News that she has evidence, in the form of text messages, that Self-Morgan was recruiting players to Duncanville.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Mississippi Governor Challenged On His ‘Culture Of Life’ Fails To Address State’s Overall Poor Health And Well-being
- Erykah Badu Has a New Boo and He’s 27!
- Idaho Republican ‘Community Leader’ Freaks Out Over Hershey’s Commercial Featuring Black Family
- A Known White Supremacist Announces Intent To Run For Local Office In Georgia
- DOJ’s Civil Rights Division Launches Investigation Into Mount Vernon, NY Police Department
- Da Baby Just Busted His Mom For Stealing
- HBCU Prairie View A&M University Marching Band To Get Docuseries On The CW
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Raises Concern With Proposed Relaunch Of World War II Era State Military Force
- Black Men In Denver Are Committing Suicide At An Alarmingly Rising Rate
- Havoc & Styles P Talk New Album “Wreckage Manner”, Why They Decided To Unite On This Project + More!