The Milwaukee County Transit System honored RosaParks by keeping an open seat with a rose on every bus from Friday through Sunday. Every bus reserved a seat for Rosa Parks with a red rose, her picture, and a sign with one of her famous quotes: “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.”
This is the fourth year the Milwaukee County Transit System has reserved a seat to honor Parks.
Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on the bus.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Effect On Black People Is Overlooked In Trump’s Latest Effort To Punish Immigrants
- New CBC Chair: Impeaching Trump ‘Is Not Going To Be Top On Our Agenda’
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jade Novah Is Becoming More Than A Viral Sensation
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Brandy Honored & Ray J Breaks Down Nursery Rhymes At Urban One Honors
- Anything For Selenas: Family Creates Epic Selena Christmas Lights Display [VIDEO]
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jermaine Dupri Breaks Down The Moment He Created So So Def
- Campus Racism Thrives Under Trump As Black Students Are Increasingly Targeted
- [WATCH] NYPD Violently Snatches Black Mother’s 1-Year-Old From Her Arms For Sitting On The Floor
- 5 Tips For Overcoming Seasonal Depression
- BASE LEVEL: Nedessy’s Music Channels The Funk & Fun Of Afrobeats