The Milwaukee County Transit System honored RosaParks by keeping an open seat with a rose on every bus from Friday through Sunday. Every bus reserved a seat for Rosa Parks with a red rose, her picture, and a sign with one of her famous quotes: “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.”
This is the fourth year the Milwaukee County Transit System has reserved a seat to honor Parks.
Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on the bus.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Homeless Memphis Teen Named Valedictorian, Awarded $3 Million In Scholarships
- Future Just Put $50,000 On His Son
- Mississippi Police Officer Charged With Murdering A 32-Year-Old Black Mother
- Dallas Entrepreneur, Kiarra Grey Hosts an EXTRA Ordinary Birthday Celebration
- Wobble Up Video
- They Are Back! Little Brother Dropping New Music And Tour Soon!
- The #DeeList: Top 5 Addictions Worse Than Porn
- Lil Nas X & Wrangler Team Up To Literally Put Some Wrangler On Your Booty
- Ciara Shares Her Excitement Over Getting Accepted To Harvard
- Young Thug Is Big Mad At This