The Milwaukee County Transit System honored RosaParks by keeping an open seat with a rose on every bus from Friday through Sunday. Every bus reserved a seat for Rosa Parks with a red rose, her picture, and a sign with one of her famous quotes: “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.”
This is the fourth year the Milwaukee County Transit System has reserved a seat to honor Parks.
Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on the bus.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Busta Rhymes “Boomp!,” Benny The Butcher “Famous” & More | Daily Visuals 11.30.20
- Sevyn Streeter Talks New Single ‘Guilty’ + New Album On The Way
- The Vaccine And The Black Community [WATCH]
- 50 Cent Talks ‘BMF’ Series, Pop Smoke Acting, Marriage + Why Jeezy’s Verzuz Battle Was “Desperation” [WATCH]
- Travis Scott’s Cactus Jack Foundation Feeds Thousands Of Families In Houston
- Janelle Monae Gives Us Chills In Her Icy Blue Ralph Lauren Outfit
- Megan Thee Stallion, Cardi B, Roddy Rich & More Announced As Performers At 63rd Annual Grammys
- NFL Hires 1st Black Female Referee Maia Chaka
- L’s On Deck: New Supreme x Nike Collection Set To Drop This Week [Photos]
- DaniLeigh Spotted with What Appears to be a Baby Bump
- Gap Exec Says Kanye West is “Focused” On His Upcoming Clothing Line