The Milwaukee County Transit System honored RosaParks by keeping an open seat with a rose on every bus from Friday through Sunday. Every bus reserved a seat for Rosa Parks with a red rose, her picture, and a sign with one of her famous quotes: “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.”
This is the fourth year the Milwaukee County Transit System has reserved a seat to honor Parks.
Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on the bus.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Rewind: Aretha Franklin [VIDEO]
- Red Bull Masters The Art Of Brand Influence [PODCAST]
- Jussie Smollett Turns Himself In Over Disorderly Conduct Charge
- Black History Month 2019: Aretha Franklin
- Meek Mill Is This Your Son
- RED CARPET RUNDOWN: 2019 Brit Awards
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Awards Talk: Oscar Predictions, Snubs & Anticipated Viral Moments
- ‘The Bobby DeBarge Story’ Featuring Big Boi, Adrian Marcel & Lloyd Is Coming To TV One
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color