The Milwaukee County Transit System honored RosaParks by keeping an open seat with a rose on every bus from Friday through Sunday. Every bus reserved a seat for Rosa Parks with a red rose, her picture, and a sign with one of her famous quotes: “My only concern was to get home after a hard day’s work.”
This is the fourth year the Milwaukee County Transit System has reserved a seat to honor Parks.
Parks was arrested on December 1, 1955, in Montgomery, Alabama, for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on the bus.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Drake Is Gonna Be Uncle Of The Year After This Video
- Polo G Arrested For Battery Of A Police Officer
- 13 Hospitalized After Mass Shooting On Austin’s Sixth Street
- Boosie’s Girlfriend Breaks Her Silence
- Kim K Lambo Is Better Than Yours
- James Harden Shuts Down Rumors Of Gifting Saweetie $100K For A Date
- Beat Banger of The Week: Bobby Sessions Penthouse Prayers
- Video Of The Year? Megan Thee Stallion Returns With “Thot Sh*t” [Watch]
- The Lo Down: Lil Durk’s Baby Mom Alleges He Cut Their Son Off + Did Wendy Move On From Headkrack To Gary Owen?!
- Mad Dad Dumps 80,000 Pennies On Woman’s Lawn For Child Support [VIDEO]