For those of us who grew up in urban environments, drinking cold pickle juice in the summertime was definitely a thing but also an acquired taste. Sonic, the fast food chain known for its slush drinks, rolled out a pickle juice slush Monday (June 11) and fans on Twitter are both celebrating and criticizing the decision.
Since March of this year, Sonic has been teasing that it was bringing the pickle juice slush to its stores this summer along with three other bold flavors. Sonic issued a statement to announce its new Snow Cone Slush flavors, saying it’s all a part of bringing a little summertime flavor to its vast drinks lineup.
“SONIC’s guests are game to try adventurous and fun flavors, so we’ve made it our mission to deliver the best of both worlds when it comes to innovation and variety,” Sonic said via a statement. “The entire Snow Cone Slush lineup — including Pickle Juice, Bahama Mama, Blue Hawaiian and Tiger’s Blood — has a distinctly summertime vibe, allowing our guests to create new summer memories.”
On Twitter, the slush became a top trending topic and reactions are decidedly mixed so far. We’ve collected the best below and on the following pages.
See reactions at HipHopWired
I’m lilD, and that’s the Word Eye Heard. I’ll just stick with my Strawberry Limeade.
14 Celebrity Foodies With Yummy Instagrams
1. Chrissy Teigen is the real MVP when it comes to keeping John Legend satisfied in the kitchen.Source:Instagram 1 of 12
2. Oprah harvests her own fruits and vegetables to prepare the freshest meals you’ve ever laid eyes on.Source:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Pie anyone? Lauren Conrad’s collection of sweets belong on a Pinterest board.Source:Instagram 3 of 12
4. Tia Mowry now has her own cooking show, so you know she throws down amazing meals for her family.Source:Instagram 4 of 12
5. June Ambrose continues to amaze us with #rockmomcookingchronicles.Source:Instagram 5 of 12
6. When Aziz Ansari’s mom comes to town, it’s homemade Indian cuisine for all.Source:Instagram 6 of 12
7. Questlove is so much of a foodie, he even made an Instagram account solely to showcase his meals. Who knew?Source:Instagram 7 of 12
8. If you aren’t already following Kelis on Instagram, you’re missing out.Source:Instagram 8 of 12
9. 2 Chainz may not prepare his own meals, but his personal chef’s got it all covered.Source:Instagram 9 of 12
10. With three young children, Kourtney Kardashian has mastered the adorable breakfast treats.Source:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Cooking with Zac Posen.Source:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Taylor Swift’s sugar cookies with cinnamon eggnog icing.Source:Instagram 12 of 12
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!