Stevie J won’t spend a day in jail regarding his million-dollar child support case.
A federal court judge Friday agreed not to throw Stevie in jail after he admitted to not making regular payments, failing drug screens and not filing his financial paperwork over to the court.
Judge Paul Crotty said Friday that jail wouldn’t be the right punishment for the producer turned reality star because it would not only disrupt his life, he also wouldn’t be able to work and make money for his restitution payments.
Instead, Judge Crotty told Stevie that he’d take him off of probation because his frequent traveling for work meant that it was difficult for his probation officer to keep up with him. The judge also transferred Stevie’s restitution enforcement from the Probation Office to the court’s financial crimes division.
“This will save time,” the judge said, “and there’s a better way to utilize the scarce resources of the court.”
Federal Prosecutor Kathleen Reilly said that Stevie had produced some, but not all of the required financial docs needed since his last court appearance two weeks ago, and Stevie’s lawyer, Xavier Donaldson said he’d passed his last drug test and has been attending a drug abuse treatment program.
More at Bossip
I’m lilD, and that’s the Word Eye Heard. I hope Stevie has another hit under his belt.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Kruz Newz: Texas Superintendent Posts Comment on Facebook About Black Quarterbacks
- Kruz Newz: The 9 Protestors Arrested Outside Cowboys Game Have Been Released
- Fort Worth Hosts Free Medical Clinic This Week
- Michael Jordan Donates $2 Million to Hurricane Florence Relief
- #WordEyeHeard: Young Thug Asks Judge to Expose Potential Snitches in His Case
- High School Principal Refuses To Let Homeless Student Play Football For College Recruiters
- Amber Guyger’s 911 Call Reveals The Moments After She Killed Botham Jean In His Home
- 15 Dogs Rescued In South Dallas Living In Harsh Conditions [VIDEO]
- Two Georgia Women Arrested After Selling Weed Edibles At Church
- Barbie Dreams Official Video Nicki Minaj (Parental Advisory)