Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sex can get you good and right for more reasons than you might think. For men especially, getting off, could have healthy implications for your prostate. According to a study of almost 32,000 men published in the journal of European Urology, high levels of sexual activity could reduce the risk of getting prostate cancer by 33 percent. Scientists say that frequent ejaculations, especially masturbation if you do not have a sexual partner, can play a major role in keeping the semen-producing gland healthy. Researching even gave the ideal number of times you should ejaculate per month — 21 times. This is equal to 252 times annually.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Experts are still figuring out the specifics of why ejaculation lowers the risk of prostate cancer. One theory is that ejaculation flushes out cancer-causing toxins.
Prostate cancer is more common in older men, with 85 percent of cases diagnosed in men over 65 years old. The Harvard researchers who did the study said an active sex life could indicated good health in general, which could also lower the risk of cancer. However, along with having lots of sex, experts still advise having a good diet, routine exercise, and doctor check-ups. A full healthy lifestyle could lower that cancer risk even more.
A Page From Ciara’s Playbook: Celebs Who Waited To Have Sex
1. Tamera Mowry was a virgin until she married Adam Housley in 2011.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. Jordin Sparks vowed to wait until marriage to sex, but that all changed when she met Jason Derulo.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Jessica Simpson was a virgin when she married Nick Lachey. The pair divorced in 2006 and both have kids of their own now.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. Khloe Kardashian often spoke about how Lamar Odom made her wait until they were married to have sex—lucky for her, their courtship was brief.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Nick Cannon once revealed that he and Mariah Carey waited until they were married.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. The Jonas Brothers all took a vow of abstinence when they were teens. Now Kevin is married with a kid, and Nick admitted that growing up changed his mind on the matter. Joe Jonas has even claimed to have lost his virginity to Miley Cyrus.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake both claimed to be virgins back when they were dating. Years later, Justin admitted that it was for the public.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Meagan Good and preacher DeVon Franklin abstained until marriage.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Victoria’s Secret model Adriana Lima apparently waited to have sex before marrying basketball player Marko Jarić in 2009.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Selena Gomez spoke openly about her vow of abstinence back in the day, but has often alluded to losing her virginity to Justin Bieber.Source:Getty 10 of 10