Burrell was supposed to perform the Hidden Figures lead track “I See A Victory” on The Ellen Show, alongside Janelle Monåe and Pharrell, but was quickly relieved of her singing duties when Ellen caught wind of her rant.
Now, the super producer has something to say about it.
“There’s no space, there’s no room for any kind of prejudice in 2017 or moving on. There’s no room,” he begins. “She’s a fantastic singer and I love her, just like I love everybody else… we all have to get used to everyone’s differences and understand that this is a big, gigantic, beautiful, colorful world and it only works with inclusion and empathy.”
Well said. He also dishes on expecting his second child with wife Helen Lasichanh, being nominated for a Golden Globe after writing the entire Hidden Figures soundtrack, female achievement being “grossly ignored and overlooked,” and more.
Watch the clip above and if you missed Kim Burrell’s thoughts on the gay community, tune in here.
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.Source:Getty 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source:Getty 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife's on the red carpet.Source:Getty 16 of 16
Pharrell Shares His Honest Opinion Of Kim Burrell’s Homophobic Rant was originally published on globalgrind.com