The rapper hinted at 'Tha Carter V' and two more projects on the way.
Source: Kevin Mazur / Getty
Could 2017 see the return of Weezy the Great?
According to a recent Facebook post from the rapper on Wednesday, there may be some new Lil Wayne on the way. Wayne implied that the highly anticipated Tha Carter V album was coming, along with two other new projects.
The photo shows Wayne surrounded by 2 Chainz, Mack Maine and a bunch of other guys with the caption, “CV. Funeral. D6. Young Money.” Fans have been waiting for Tha Carter V to drop ever since 2012. But with Wayne’s arrest and his beef with Birdman and Cash Money, the album has continuously been put on hold.
1. Trina was one of Wayne's first celebrity relationships back in 2005. The two remain friends to this day.
1 of 20
2. Friends no more, but Birdman and Lil Wayne were so close at one point, they openly kissed on the mouth.
2 of 20
3. Since discovering Nicki Minaj in 2008, the pair have been loyal comrades.
3 of 20
4. No one on the corner has swagger like Weezy, 'Ye, Jay and Tip.
4 of 20
5. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne have built such a great rapport, they have a joint album together.
5 of 20
6. The self-proclaimed best rapper alive and the greatest current NBA Champion LeBron James have been friends for years.
6 of 20
7. Wayne and Diddy often chop it up about boss talk.
7 of 20
8. Bow Wow and Wayne go back to their "Lil" days.
8 of 20
9. Of course, there's no Drizzy without Weezy.
9 of 20
10. Lil Wayne is a sports fan and pretty good pals with Stephen A. Smith.
10 of 20
11. Justin Bieber and Lil Wayne both spend a lot of time in Miami; that's how their relationship has grown.
11 of 20
12. Floyd Mayweather is another famous friend from Wayne's Miami life.
12 of 20
13. Jesse Jackson a fan of Weezy's? Who knew.
13 of 20
14. Yeezy and Weezy always show love when they're around each other.
14 of 20
15. Skateboard Wayne and Adrien Brody are pals.
15 of 20
16. DJ Khaled has worked with Wayne several times, and the two have built a great friendship.
16 of 20
17. Lil Wayne admitted to having a crush on Ciara back in 2006. They both have since moved on, but remain friends.
17 of 20
18. Serena Williams and Lil Wayne can both talk about being the greatest at what they do.
18 of 20
19. Eminem and Lil Wayne have both reached pinnacles in their career that no one else has. What a way to bond.
19 of 20
20. Christina Milian and Lil Wayne were a little more than just friends. But after their split, they remained cordial.
20 of 20
Continue reading Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Flame Flickin’ Photos Of Lil Wayne & The Famous People Who Love Him
Happy Bday, Weezy: 20 Flame Flickin' Photos Of Lil Wayne & The Famous People Who Love Him
[protected-iframe id="ae3aa88f2ccf27c2497bfad7c11c3c67-51287776-57648812" info="https://giphy.com/embed/TaTKgXJJeQFRC" width="480" height="324" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed"]
Lil Wayne turns 36 years old today, and it made us realize how he's accomplished more in his 36 years than most have in their whole lives. We first met Wayne when he was a young, hungry 12-year old, pressed to get on the mic with his older peers, like Juvenile and B.G. But who knew that he'd become the best emcee of all the Hot Boy crew and one of the biggest rappers in the world.
[protected-iframe id="2d0ce223507e8bfc2c32b9bbafcd18b8-51287776-57648812" info="https://giphy.com/embed/Bu16JDao2DIqs" width="480" height="364" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed"]
Although he's been M.I.A. from the music scene in recent years, Weezy occasionally pops back up to let us know that he's alive and well. Just like he did earlier this week, to let us know that he's dropping his highly anticipated 'Tha Carter V' album on his birthday, which is today. He released an impromptu video on Tuesday, saying, “On my birthday, I actually have something special. I WILL BE RELEASING THA CARTER V on my birthday. Ya’ll hung in there with me for the past 30 million years, so I can’t do nothing but thank yall. Every ounce of anything I have left in my heart, it goes to yall.”
[protected-iframe id="594be5a8a466f946b1e0cde429ecf062-51287776-57648812" info="https://giphy.com/embed/d8rnTN32TvDos" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed"]
Wayne fans were hype AF to find out their GOAT was dropping new music. Some of them broke their social media hiatus just to be in the mix when Weezy F. Baby drops tonight. One Twitter user wrote, "I’m back solely because THA CARTER V IS ACTUALLY COMING TONIGHT". Another tweeted, "For real Wayne fans, this the night we been waiting 5-6 years for. Tonight we feast."
[protected-iframe id="e70145e2b99cade8d283b3eaec14c5b3-51287776-57648812" info="https://giphy.com/embed/yjkpjO2IbSSBO" width="480" height="277" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed"]
Sources say that the late XXXtentacion will also be featured on The Carter V — adding a whole new level of anticipation for the album everyone's been waiting for for the past 4-5 years. Wayne will also be honored at this year's BET Hip Hop Awards. In honor of the Young Money CEO's success and his 36th trip around the sun, we've put together a gallery of Weezy with some of the cool, famous people who rock with him the most.
[protected-iframe id="15f909d05ac0a5e289874b5e7915072a-51287776-57648812" info="https://giphy.com/embed/3oeSAMN0GxZ9W2FCFy" width="480" height="200" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""]
Happy Birthday, Weezy!