On Friday, President Donald Trump asked NFL players to recommend people they think have been treated unfairly, to be considered for a presidential pardon. The first player to respond to Trump’s remarks was former NFL kicker Lawrence Tynes.
Below is what Trump told reporters:
“I’m going to ask all of those people to recommend to me — because that’s what they’re protesting — people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system, and I understand that. I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated and I’m gonna take a look at those applications and if I find and my committee finds that they’ve been unfairly treated than we’ll pardon them. Or at least let them out.”
I truly believe that Trump really just wants people to like him.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Former Chicago Officer Jason Van Dyke Sentenced To More Than Six Years In Prison For Killing Laquan McDonald
- Sony Music Finally Mutes R. Kelly, Dissolves Working Relationship With The Singer
- R. Kelly, Sony RCA Agree To Part Ways
- The Rewind: The Blindfolds Are Off! We See You R. Kelly!
- 2 Robbery Suspects Killed At Home Depot In Ft. Worth [VIDEO]
- Amara La Negra Gets Candid About Battling Racism & Body Image [Exclusive Interview]
- Lounge In Love: Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas Becomes The Face Of DAYO Loungewear
- Kruz Newz: Louisville Airport Renamed the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: In Case You Didn’t Know How Toxic Sam Was
- Is That Gina From Martin About To Fight Fight