If you’re a church going citizen, you know every Sunday that collection plate gets passed around to give your offerings to God.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
You also probably know that some of the good Christian folks might get a little skimpy with the donations, using every excuse in the book.
Well one religious institution is getting their money one way or another by making it easier for folks to donate if they don’t have cash.
According to The Guardian, The Church of England introduced contactless card terminals at 16,000 churches, cathedrals, and religious sites in the UK.
The terminals are powered by the technology companies SumUp and iZettle. They can be used to take contactless bank cards, chip and pin, Apple Pay and Google Pay. A “merchant,” who will most likely be a church volunteer, will input transactions probably at the start or end of a service, or event.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“How we pay for things is changing fast,” said the Church of England’s national stewardship officer John Preston. “Especially for younger churchgoers who no longer carry cash, and we want all generations to be able to make the most of their place of worship.”
So there you have it.
If you’re not living in England or apart of the Church of England, you might can stick to cash for a little while longer. But you read what John had to say — things are changing fast.
Your church could be next.
- Busta Rhymes “Boomp!,” Benny The Butcher “Famous” & More | Daily Visuals 11.30.20
- Chloe Bailey Of Chloe X Halle Shuts Down The #BussItChallenge Ahead Of ‘Grown-ish’ Premiere [VIDEO]
- No, Tory Lanez’ Felony Assault Charges Didn’t Get Dropped In Megan Thee Stallion Case
- Read The Letter Kwame Kilpatrick Sent Trump Pleading For A Commutation: ‘I Applaud Your Boldness’
- Kamala Harris Delivers First Speech As Madam Vice President
- Wild Thoughts: Fat Joe Partners With DJ Khaled For Joint OnlyFans Account
- Viral: A Thread Of Our Favorite Bernie Sanders Memes From The Inauguration
- Rare Air Jordan 1’s Got Shine During The Inauguration [Photos]
- Reversing Course: Joe Biden Signs Executive Actions Dissolving Trump’s Racist Policies
- Pharrell Partners With Georgia Tech & Amazon For New Coding & Music Contest
- The Mastermind Behind Michelle Obama’s Luxurious Inauguration Curls Is DMV’s Own Yene Damtew
Baby Makers: Celebs Who Have 4 or More Kids
1. Tina Campbell - 4 kids1 of 9
2. Kimora Lee Simmons - 42 of 9
3. Master P - 93 of 9
4. T.I. - 74 of 9
5. Floyd Mayweather - 45 of 9
6. Mathew Knowles - 46 of 9
7. Angelina Jolie: 67 of 9
8. Muhammad Ali: 98 of 9
9. Madonna: 49 of 9
Don’t Have Cash For The Offering Basket? Don’t Worry, These Churches Have Apple Pay was originally published on globalgrind.com