We’ve seen this happen before: Trump supporters launching racist threats against those speaking out against the president. In May, Rep. Al Green, a Texas Democrat, was on the receiving end of a racist backlash after calling for President Donald Trump’s impeachment.
The Miami Herald reported that Florida’s Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson is receiving ongoing threats over her revelation and criticism of Trump’s callousness in his condolence phone call with Myeshia Johnson, the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson.
In one of the threats, posted to Facebook, a Chicago man called for Wilson’s lynching. The onslaught of threats caused the congresswoman to missed 19 votes, from Monday to Wednesday, this week.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
“She’s home,” said Rep. Alcee Hastings, a Fort Lauderdale Democrat told The Herald about Wilson’s absence. “I have not spoken with her about it, but I’ve heard that she’s received substantial death threats and I think she is doing everything she can to ratchet down and let some of us, including me, take over.”
Trump’s racist thugs are also threatening CNN host Don Lemon, the Daily Mail reported.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The newspaper said TMZ first reported that the journalist received a torrent of racist threats, which he notified the New York City Police Department about on Wednesday.
According to the news outlet, some of the racist threats came via Twitter from a self-proclaimed White nationalist conservative. These threats came after Lemon urged the president to stop bullying Johnson about the condolence call.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
Pattern Emerges Of White Supremacists Threatening African Americans Who Criticize President was originally published on newsone.com