Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
According to the news outlet, reports were floating around that the Obamas were eyeing two homes owned by Caroline Kennedy and Edwin Schlossberg. The homes used to be one 377-acre estate that belonged to former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and are being sold for $15 million and $12 million. There were also rumors that the Obamas were looking at properties in communities that included West Tisbury, Chilmark, and Aquinnah, Business Insider writes.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Business Insider reports that the family’s spokesman Kevin Lewis says the Obamas are not looking for a home on the island.
Purchasing property on Martha’s Vineyard wouldn’t be surprising coming from the Obamas as they’ve spent many summers vacationing there. The Boston Globe reports that the family’s most recent stay was in August.
It also seems as if the entire family is well-embedded in the community. Last year Sasha Obama made headlines after taking a summer job at a popular seafood restaurant in Oak Bluffs during the family’s annual vacation.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Are Obamas Buying Multi-Million Property On Martha’s Vineyard? was originally published on newsone.com