The city of Ferguson, Missouri, has paid $1.5 million to settle a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Michael Brown’s parents. The settlement amount was paid by the city’s insurance company.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
According to ABC News, U.S. District Judge E. Richard Webber’s order approving the settlement didn’t mention the amount, but he said the split of the amount between Brown’s parents, Michael Brown Sr. and Lesley McSpadden, is “fair and reasonable” and “provides for a reasonable amount” for attorney fees and expenses.
Webber wrote that the agreement “shall remain sealed by this Court and shall be considered a closed record” because disclosure of the information “could jeopardize the safety of individuals involved in this matter, whether as witnesses, parties, or investigators.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As we previously reported, in 2015 Brown’s parents along with their attorneys Ben Crump, Anthony Gray, and Daryl Parks, announced that they had filed suit on behalf of their son Brown, who was 18-years-old when he was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson in 2014.
Public Reaction To Mike Brown Verdict In Ferguson
1. Protestors in Ferguson1 of 15
2. Protestors in Ferguson2 of 15
3. Protestors in Ferguson3 of 15
4. Protestors in Ferguson4 of 15
5. Protestors in Ferguson5 of 15
6. Protestors in Ferguson6 of 15
7. Protestors in Ferguson7 of 15
8. Protestors in Ferguson8 of 15
9. Protestors in Ferguson9 of 15
10. Protestors in Ferguson10 of 15
11. Protestors in Ferguson11 of 15
12. Protestors in Ferguson12 of 15
13. Protestors in Ferguson13 of 15
14. Protestors in Ferguson14 of 15
15. Protestors in Ferguson15 of 15
Mike Brown’s Family Settles In Wrongful Death Civil Suit For $1 Million was originally published on hellobeautiful.com