The night of that historic first debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, Mary J. Blige released a commercial for her new show featuring her sitting in a chair across from Hillary Clinton serenading her awkwardly about police brutality.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The internet wasted no time pouncing on her for the strange and ill-received commercial spot, but in truth, the criticism of MJB is undeserved. Click on the audio player to hear Headkrack explain why in this exclusive clip of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: Mary J. Blige’s Commercial With Hillary Clinton Has People Talking… And Not In A Good Way [VIDEO]
RELATED: Mary J. Blige Goes Off Following Hillary Clinton Interview Backlash
RELATED: Is Karrine “Superhead” Steffans The Reason For The End Of Mary J. Blige’s Marriage? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In ’92
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.
1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.
2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?
3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in ’92.
4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.
5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in ’92.
6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.
7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.
8 of 11
9. Show ’em who’s queen.
9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in ’92.
10 of 11
11. Let’s get ’em, queen!
11 of 11