Kendall Jenner is one happy model.
She has landed the coveted September issue of Vogue Magazine. The 20-year-old model has been on international Vogue covers and this is her second American Vogue cover this year (she was the April 2016 cover model).
The star dons Gucci in the classic Vogue pose:
The fashion magazine explained their reasoning for choosing Kendall, dubbing her “the face that launched a billion likes.”
Naturally, the reality TV star was super excited and even had a video produced about her cover:
However, while the Kardashians and Jenners may be happy about this opportunity, (it’s a big deal for Kendall’s career and will most likely lead her to the path of supermodel status), fans of Vogue were not.
Listen up: Print is dying. Kendall is out here getting a billion likes. Putting her on the cover is a financial move, which is also in line with Vogue’s ideals: They used a model.
The magazine is known for using more models than celebrities on their covers, something that makes them iconic. However, they were also criticized in April 2014 when Kanye West and Kim Kardashian graced their covers. Readers felt Vogue was beginning to “sellout” and lose their focus.
Fans also questioned this September 2016 decision, because Kendall has already graced the magazine’s cover this year. They’ve wondered why someone else wasn’t given an opportunity, or why Kendall simply wasn’t just saved until September.
Beauties, what do you think? Is Kendall worthy of the September issue cover? Vote below!
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram, Twitter
Best In Black: Meet The Athletes At The 2016 Olympics
1. Tennis’ Sloane StephensSource: 1 of 19
2. Women’s Basketball star Tamika CatchingsSource: 2 of 19
3. Allyson FelixSource: 3 of 19
4. Wrestler Jordan Burroughs and NBA’s Draymond Green and Paul GeorgeSource: 4 of 19
5. Carmelo AnthonySource: 5 of 19
6. Kyrie IrvingSource: 6 of 19
7. Simone BilesSource: 7 of 19
8. Tina Charles and Brittney GrinerSource: 8 of 19
9. DeMar DeRozanSource: 9 of 19
10. Simone BilesSource: 10 of 19
11. Kevin DurantSource: 11 of 19
12. Women’s GymnasticsSource: 12 of 19
13. Serena WilliamsSource: 13 of 19
14. Kyle LowrySource: 14 of 19
15. Brittney GrinerSource: 15 of 19
16. Simone BilesSource: 16 of 19
17. Gabby DouglasSource: 17 of 19
18. Serena WilliamsSource: 18 of 19
19. Simone BilesSource: 19 of 19
Kendall Jenner Lands The September Cover & #RIPVogue Starts On Twitter was originally published on hellobeautiful.com