Anderson Cooper was one of the names suggested multiple times, and the CNN host will reportedly be guest hosting while ABC searches for a permanent replacement for Michael Strahan, whose last day is May 13. While chatting with Andy Cohen on WWHL, Cooper revealed:
“Listen I love Kelly, and Kelly is the heart and soul of that show. It would be a dream to work with Kelly, but nobody’s offering anything.”
Ripa is reportedly looking to both Cooper and Cohen as possible replacements.
Marvel’s The Punisher is finally getting its own TV series.
The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil. Will you be watching?
Ali Shaheed Muhammad has been a staple in the music industry since his early days as a member of A Tribe Called Quest.
According to reports, the mega producer and Adrian Younge will team up to co-score Marvel’s Luke Cage drama. The pair, who recently worked together on Kendrick Lamar’s “untitled 06,” is returning to the studio to create a “sophisticated and hip-hop vibes” mashup for the streaming show.
Luke Cage will debut this September on Netflix.
BBC and Netflix are teaming up to frighten your children.
The companies are creating a four-part mini-series based on the dark bunny-saga Watership Down. The animated adaptation will feature the voice-acting skills of John Boyega, Nicholas Hoult, Gemma Arterton, James McAvoy, and Ben Kingsley.
The series will premiere on the BBC in Britain and Netflix internationally.
Foxx is in talks to star in Happytime Murders, a dark comedy-action film directed by Brian Henson and set in a world in which humans and puppets live side by side, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Foxx would play the human law-enforcement counterpart to “an alcoholic, disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet.”
No word on when the film is set to go into production, but we’ll keep you posted.
Oprah is returning to acting in her new TV show Greenleaf.
The show is about the family at the center of a Memphis megachurch. Oprah herself plays a recurring role on the program, which launched at the Tribeca Film Festival last week to mostly great reviews.
Greenleaf, which premieres on Winfrey’s OWN in June, has already been renewed for its second season. Check out all the deets about the hit show here.
MTV has announced the premiere date and revealed the cast for Season 4 of its hit reality series Are You The One?
Although this season has the same premise as the previous ones, there will be a “game-changing” plot twist. Are You The One? premieres on Monday, June 13, at 10 p.m. Check out the full cast here.
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey's Hair Over The Years
1. Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 - ShowSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. The classic '70s layered look.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. She brought the '90s in with style...and fringe.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Queen O's hair is full of life.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nothing's better than having a little bounce in your curl. A lot in Oprah's case.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. The media mogul's 'fro is on fleek.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Anderson Cooper On Joining “LIVE!,” Oprah Winfrey Returning To TV, & More was originally published on globalgrind.com