Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez has had a horrible week after being de-crowned at the Miss Universe pageant in front of the whole world.
You’ve got to literally be living under a rock if you haven’t heard about Steve Harvey‘s mix-up, a mistake that has reportedly caused Miss Gutierrez to suffer psychologically. Steve announced the wrong pageant winner and after Gutierrez had already been given the crown, he took it back and gave it to its rightful owner, Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo.
In the spirit of moving forward, Gutierrez flew out to Miami to spend the holidays with family, and according to the latest reports, plans on addressing the media when she returns.
“Gutierrez went to Miami to spend a few days relaxing with her family after the incident,” a representative for the Concurso Nacional de la Belleza de Colombia tells PEOPLE. “She wants to spend a few quiet days with her family over the holidays and unwind, and she plans on addressing the media when she goes back to Colombia.”
The 21-year-old model, who arrived in Florida on Tuesday morning, was at the center of a major gaffe at Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant when host Steve Harvey mistakenly announced her as the winner. Minutes later, when Harvey realized he had misread his cue card, the crown and sash were removed from Gutierrez and given to the actual winner, Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.”
We hope Miss Colombia has a relaxing, stress-free vacation.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Sweet Photos Of Beyonce During The "B'Day" Era
1. We haven't seen Beyonce dress so casually during press runs since the "B'Day" era.Source:Getty 1 of 20
2. The beginning of 'Grown & Sexy.'Source:Getty 2 of 20
3. Receiving a World Music Award from Michael Jackson at just 25 years old.Source:Getty 3 of 20
4. Hey, young B.Source:Getty 4 of 20
5. She always loved Blue.Source:Getty 5 of 20
6. These were the early days of Bey & Jay's performances together.Source:Getty 6 of 20
7. The honey highlights had a little more honey.Source:Getty 7 of 20
8. Before her BFF Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin decided to consciously uncouple.Source:Getty 8 of 20
9. After the success of her sophomore album, Beyonce made her mark in music.Source:Getty 9 of 20
10. Queen!Source:Getty 10 of 20
11. Just a year and a half before the pair tied the knot.Source:Getty 11 of 20
12. Red Hot.Source:Getty 12 of 20
13. She exuded so much elegance at such a young age.Source:Getty 13 of 20
14. Everything.Source:Getty 14 of 20
15. TRL was still a go-to after album releases.Source:Getty 15 of 20
16. '06 Bonnie & Clyde.Source:Getty 16 of 20
17. Bey on "106 & Park."Source:Getty 17 of 20
18. 25th B'Day.Source:Getty 18 of 20
19. Dream Girl.Source:Getty 19 of 20
20. She's a grown woman.Source:Getty 20 of 20
Miss Colombia Plans To Address The Media After Holiday In Miami was originally published on globalgrind.com