Miss Jackson (if you’re nasty) recently announced that she’d be returning to music with her new single “No Sleeep,” and the internet went crazy. After the death of her brother Michael Jackson in 2009 and her marriage to Qatari business magnate Wissam Al Mana in 2012, Janet has been quiet on the music scene to focus on wife life in the Middle East.
Now Janet fans can rejoice, because not only does she have a hot new single out, but she also announced a world tour. The pop diva’s presence has been missed so much that fans created a missing persons poster that made its rounds on Twitter, to which Janet replied, “Too funny, too sweet.”
Here are the top 5 reasons why we all should be excited about the return of Janet Jackson.
1. She’s an icon.
Janet signed a multimillion-dollar contract with Virgin Records in 1993 for an estimated $50 million dollars, making her the world’s highest paid artist at the time. After that, she garnered the title ‘Queen of Pop.’
2. She’s a true artist.
In this day and age when you’re only as hot as your last Instagram post, Janet manages to keep one foot in the spotlight while maintaining a tight hold on her private life. In fact, she was married for an entire year before anyone found out.
3. She’s an entertainment industry veteran.
She burst onto the scene at 10 years old as Penny on the hit show Good Times in 1978. She’s won 33 Billboard Music Awards, 6 Grammys, 12 American Music Awards, and 9 MTV Music Awards. She also has an amazing film career, starring in critically acclaimed hits such as For Colored Girls and Poetic Justice.
4. Those Abs.
Her six-pack has been admired by men and women alike for the past three decades. So much so that rumors began to spread that the pop star had her ribs removed to give the illusion of perfect washboard abs, which she denied. Obviously.
5. She’s downright badass.
While Rihanna, Ciara, and Miley Cyrus were still in diapers, Miss Jackson was the face of badass-ness. From her super sensual videos to her risqué ensembles, Janet was the queen of pissing off conservatives. Anyone who can survive a dreadful nip slip in front of the entire world is kween.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Janet Jackson's Most Unforgettable Moments
1. Janet's "Rhythm Nation" performance was nothing short of legendary.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. The infamous "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl halftime show.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. When she performed a moving tribute to brother Michael during the 2009 MTV VMAs.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. The world first fell in love with Janet when she played Penny on "Good Times."Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. The reason why we're all calling them "Poetic Justice braids."Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Who could forget her ultra sexy performance while accepting the MTV Icon Award?Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. The only thing better than Janet? Janet AND Michael, together.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. 1990s fine.Source:Getty 8 of 8
5 Reasons Why We Should All Be Excited For Janet Jackson’s Comeback was originally published on globalgrind.com