It’s been about a year since Tory Lanez, rapper behind the number one hit “Say It,” first came to the studio to visit “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show!” He talks about the cinematic quality of his album, and talks about his city of Toronto in comparison to life in the United States. He remarks on the amount of gun violence here, whereas in Canada, shootings are much less rampant.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He explains why he thinks that is, and admits that life in Canada for black people might be safer than it his here in the states. Check out the exclusive video above to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Get more of our hot interviews here and listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
RELATED: Tory Lanz Explains How Toronto Influences His Music [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Hip-Hop Spot: How Frank Ocean Ruined Tory Lanez’s Week [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Why Tory Lanez Almost Threw Out Meek Mill’s “Lord Knows” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
A Snapshot Of Street Style During The OVO Fest/Caribana In Toronto
9 photos Launch gallery
1. Drake fans abound.
1 of 9
2. Caribana 2016 Carnival Life cyah let go.
2 of 9
3. Lit up.
3 of 9
4. Sporty spice.
4 of 9
5. Dope shirt on a party-goer.
5 of 9
6. Road trippin’ in the #ChevyCruze to Buffalo this weekend with this bae cuz @champagnepapi! #DRAKE #summersixteen #matureish
6 of 9
7. Cooln.. Gods in the 6! #andshit #caribana2016 #caribana #Toronto
7 of 9
8. Party-goers on the Elite boat cruise.
8 of 9
9. Party-goers on the Elite boat cruise.
9 of 9