1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he’s teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called “The Williams Family Kitchen” inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.
2. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.
3. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!
4. Cam’ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He’s had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.
5. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.
6. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.
7. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.