Source: Rabbani and Solimene Photography / Getty
‘s Solange A is an incredible album and so is the artwork that goes along with it. Seat at the Table
So it comes as no surprise that people all over the world want to copy the images, but one publication in particular is being accused of cultural appropriation after using a White woman to redo Solo’s hair concept.
London’s Evening Standard published the White version of this now-famous Solange photo:
Funny enough, Solange speaks on
cultural appropriation and Black ownership throughout her album and the irony was not lost on her fans, who had jokes for days:
, the image is credited to high street fashion store Oasis. Click Buzzfeed here for more fan reactions, then tweet us your thoughts on this clear creative thievery.
30 Times Solange Knowles Slayed The Fashion Game
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Solange Knowles puts a spin on all white for her wedding.
1 of 30
2. The slayage needs a moment.
2 of 30
3. She really pulled no punches at the 2016 Met Gala.
3 of 30
4. Solange shows off her long legs in a colorful 'fit she paired with natural locks.
4 of 30
5. Stunning at the 2012 Met Gala.
5 of 30
6. Baby in blue.
6 of 30
7. What style, what a smile.
7 of 30
8. Solo goes braless at the 2016 Regent Street Flagship store opening in London.
8 of 30
9. She even slays her everyday 'fits.
9 of 30
10. When your style comes in different shapes and sizes.
10 of 30
11. Carven fashion show in Paris.
11 of 30
12. Solange kills all white at the 'Gloss: The Work Of Chris Von Wangenheim' Book Launch Party.
12 of 30
13. She's always ready for her close-up.
13 of 30
14. Solange goes floral with a red lippie.
14 of 30
15. Front row at the 2016 Prabal Gurung NY Fashion Week show.
15 of 30
16. Solo's got many talents - getting the party live is one of 'em.
16 of 30
17. Pretty in pink.
17 of 30
18. Seriously gorgeous at this year's NY Fashion Week.
18 of 30
19. She always shows out for her man.
19 of 30
20 of 30
21. Solange's color palette knows no bounds.
21 of 30
22. A close-up of Solo show-stopping in L.A.
22 of 30
23. Pretty in purple.
23 of 30
24. Solo embraces NY's Spring weather in a casual, but super cute 'fit.
24 of 30
25. Bonnaroo looks good on baby girl.
25 of 30
26. Look at her rock the 2013 Bonnaroo Music And Arts Festival stage.
26 of 30
27. Glamour girl.
27 of 30
28. Can you handle it?
28 of 30
29. Money green at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards.
29 of 30
30. Pure perfection.
30 of 30