The whirlwind spurred by Colin Kaepernick‘s decision not to stand during the National Anthem has prompted racist opposition to lash out in many ways, like burning Kaepernick’s jersey, or even going so far as to demand that black athletes leave the country if they don’t like it so much. Jeff Johnson explains the misguided mind-work behind statements such as these, and in an impassioned speech, breaks all the way down exactly why protesting isn’t something you need to wait for approval for.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
Stirring Photos Of The Black Lives Matter Protests In Baton Rouge
1. Baton Rouge Protests1 of 12
2. Baton Rouge Protests2 of 12
3. Baton Rouge Protests3 of 12
4. Baton Rouge Protests4 of 12
5. Baton Rouge Protests5 of 12
6. Baton Rouge Protests6 of 12
7. Baton Rouge Protests7 of 12
8. Baton Rouge Protestors8 of 12
9. Baton Rouge Protestors9 of 12
10. Baton Rouge Protests10 of 12
11. Baton Rouge Protests11 of 12
12. Baton Rouge Protests12 of 12
Why Black People Don’t Need White Permission To Protest [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com