Ryan Lochte got the surprise of his life last night on Dancing with the Stars.
Just after the swimmer’s debut dance routine on the popular reality competition show, two audience members rushed the stage as Lochte was receiving a critique from one of the judges.
CNN reports that men were yelling “anti-Lochte chants” just before being subdued by security. Producers quickly cut to a commercial break, and the men were later identified by LAPD as Barzeen Soroudi and Sam Sotoodeh.
“They were arrested on trespassing, this was a private person’s arrest as the security at the venue made the arrest,” LAPD told CNN. “We just accepted [them] and booked them.”
“Lochte joined Season 23 of “Dancing With The Stars” after a spate of negative publicity he received for admitting he ‘over-exaggerated’ claims that he and fellow swimmers were robbed at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro.
Throughout the brief incident, the camera stayed focused on judge Carrie Ann Inaba, who yelled ‘Excuse me!’ multiple times as clamor rose in the audience and onstage.
‘Off! Off!’ she yelled, gesturing for the intruders to get off stage.”
Lochte said he was hurt by the incident.
“You know, at that moment, I was really heartbroken,” he said after the show. “My heart just sunk. It felt like somebody just ripped it apart.”
He continued, “I had to realize that I came out here in front of millions. I did something that I did not know how to do — I don’t know how to dance. And I gave it my all and I’m glad I did it and I’m glad I’m here.”
Watch the audience footage below.
SOURCE: CNN, Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
20 Pics Of Celebrities Protesting (PHOTOS)
1. Kanye West joined Russell Simmons for the Occupy Wall Street protests.1 of 20
2. Jay Z and the Brooklyn Nets stand in solidarity with Eric Garner.2 of 20
3. Dave Chappelle posed with his hands up for Mike Brown on the red carpet.3 of 20
4. J. Cole joined the protests in Ferguson after Mike Brown's death.4 of 20
5. Q-Tip joined the Mike Brown protests in New York.5 of 20
6. Beyonce and Jay Z supported Trayvon Martin's parents after his death.6 of 20
7. Russell Brand joined the Occupy Wall Street protests.7 of 20
8. Not only did Lupe Fiasco join the OWS protest, but he named a song after it.8 of 20
9. Mark Ruffalo joined the human climate campaign.9 of 20
10. Russell Simmons was joined by Katy Perry and Russell Brand during OWS.10 of 20
11. Jay Leno protested the Brunei Hotels in Beverly Hills.11 of 20
12. Susan Sarandon joined OWS protests.12 of 20
13. Al Sharpton always gets his voice out to the masses during times of protest.13 of 20
14. Rev Run, Minister Benjamin Chavez Muhammad, and Alicia Keys at the Mobilization for Education Hip-Hop Summit Action Network's protest of Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed education budget cuts.14 of 20
15. Anne Hathaway protested at Union Square for the Occupy Wall Street campaign with her boyfriend Adam Shulman.15 of 20
16. George Clooney spoke during "Save Darfur: Rally To Stop Genocide."16 of 20
17. Actor Sean Penn and Reverend Jesse Jackson marched with activists during an anti-war rally.17 of 20
18. Spokesperson Hayden Panettiere at a conference for her Save the Whales campaign.18 of 20
19. John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged a 'bed-in for peace' and intended to stay in bed for seven days as a protest against war and violence in the world.19 of 20
20. Chris Brown, Wale, Nelly and a few more celebs posed with their hands up in support of Mike Brown.20 of 20
Ryan Lochte Gets Rushed By Protesters On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ was originally published on globalgrind.com