And surprisingly, RZA isn’t too worried about Shkreli’s controversial public persona; the prolific rapper says Shkreli can do whatever he wants with the album.
“He bought it, he can do what he wants. Art—the beautiful thing about art, from my standpoint, is that it has no discrimination,” said RZA.
The interviewer then asked RZA how he felt about Shkreli calling him arrogant when Wu-Tang reportedly distanced themselves from the sale after the executive’s unsavory business practices were revealed. Shkreli was later arrested on charges related to securities fraud. Regarding RZA, Shkreli told HipHopDX in an interview, “He definitely acts like his s— doesn’t stink and he invented rap. This concept of selling one album, this s—’s backfiring for him now.”
RZA responded in the best way possible – by not taking Shkreli’s claims so seriously.
“What could backfire from creating a piece of art, having an idea, and to see it grow into fruition? As far as me being arrogant, it depends on what day you catch me, baby.”
Long live the Wu, but we’re still waiting on that album leak!
16 Unforgettable Hip-Hop Moments In 2015
1. "Straight Outta Compton"Source:Universal Pictures 1 of 16
2. Yeezus For PresidentSource:Splash News 2 of 16
3. We've got three words for you: "Miley, what's good?!"Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. FOX's hip-hop series "Empire"Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. This was Drake's year.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. "Love & Hip Hop"Source:GlobalGrind 6 of 16
7. A$AP YamsSource:Getty 7 of 16
8. ChinxSource:Getty 8 of 16
9. TIDALSource:Getty 9 of 16
10. WATTBASource:Splash News 10 of 16
11. YG shot three times after a studio session in Studio City.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Kendrick Lamar championed the Black Lives MatterSource:Getty 12 of 16
13. Our favorite hip-hop commercial of the year.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. "See You Again"Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Lil Wayne vs. BirdmanSource:Getty 15 of 16
16. 2 Chainz vs. Nancy GraceSource:Def Jam 16 of 16
RZA Breaks Silence On Martin Shkreli Album Feud: “He Bought It, He Can Do What He Wants” was originally published on globalgrind.com