According to the New York Post, a male officer bribed another to leave him and the “Jane Doe” inmate alone on a Department of Corrections bus while they had consensual sex. The site reports:
But then the officer got back on the bus, told the male inmate to get lost, and raped the woman, the suit says.
“Doe considered screaming out but chose not to scream because she realized that any officers who might respond from the [prison] were apt to be male and Doe was frightened that they might assault her as well,” her suit states.
During the rape, another correction officer got on the bus. The rapist allegedly said he wanted to “give [him] a show.”
Sexual assault is all too common at the prison. “The number of prisoners on Rikers Island has been falling over the past three years, but the statistic shows that the allegations of sexual abuse have not decreased during the same period,” RT reports. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
Thousands Protest During #MillionsMarchNYC Against Police Brutality
1. Thousands march together on their way to the NYPD headquarters.1 of 17
2. Thousands gather near the NYPD headquarters.2 of 17
3. A protester holds up a sign to stop police brutality.3 of 17
4. Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, and Nas help lead the march in NYC.4 of 17
5. Protestors march up 5th Avenue.5 of 17
6. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before marching uptown.6 of 17
7. Protestors lead by holding up a 'Black Lives Matter' banner.7 of 17
8. Picketed versions of the victims of police brutality are held up during the march.8 of 17
9. The Brooklyn Bridge gets shut down by protestors.9 of 17
10. A protestor holds up a focused 'We Demand Justice' sign10 of 17
11. Santa Con participants face the interrupting protests happening through the streets.11 of 17
12. An artist participates in the protest through creative expression.12 of 17
13. Thousands of different ethnicities and ages come together for the protests.13 of 17
14. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before the march.14 of 17
15. A protestor marches while in chains.15 of 17
16. Thousands march up 5th Avenue.16 of 17
17. Thousands march up 5th Avenue towards Union Square.17 of 17
Rikers Island Inmate Raped By Corrections Officer While Another Officer Watched was originally published on globalgrind.com