Metro go make it boom on these hoes!
At just 22 years old, Atlanta-based producer Metro Boomin has made quite the name for himself. Between Dirty Sprite 2 and What A Time To Be Alive, the St. Louis, Missouri native has the people talking – and it doesn’t appear that his musical reign is letting up any time soon, as both projects went number one.
Catch a few interesting excerpts below:
On What A Time To Be Alive:
“We shot the ‘Where Ya At’ video a few months ago. That same year, it was two times before that that I seen Drake. Like, we’d be in the studio and he’d be like, ‘Yo, we gotta do that tape.’ But he’d be laughing. I don’t know he’d be serious. Like, he would just be talking about me and him. I don’t know what he was talking about. Then we got to the ‘Where Ya At’ video, and the conversation came up again. He was telling Future and Esco, ‘Yeah, I’ve been telling Metro let’s do the tape.’ I was like, ‘Oh shit. Alright, this ni**a is pretty serious.’ He was like, ‘Fuck it, we gonna come to Atlanta.’ And two weeks later, we had the studio [Tree Sound] rented out for like six days.”
On almost meeting Kanye West with Young Thug, but not so much:
“I was with [Young] Thug one time. We was on the way to Kanye’s house. At this point, I had never met him. I still barely know that n*gga. [Laughs.] I met him one time with Travi$ [Scott] and I seen him one other time. But Thug was there before that. We just recorded ‘Chanel Vintage’ in LA. Thug was out there the day before that. We was supposed to go the next day. Long story short cause I was sleeping in the car. I guess the person driving was speeding or whatever, and we got pulled over. You know, cops always smell weed. Shit like that. N*ggas was smoking in the car or whatever. It gets to the search and they find something and it’s a situation. Thug’s a pro. He stashed a lot. He stashed a whole lot. He really amazed me. It was all good. We made it through the situation but we just had to go straight back to Atlanta.”
On Gucci Mane’s eye for talent:
“He has a great eye for talent, and he’s such a big influence on all of us. Everybody looks up to him in a way, even as far as rapping or whatever. He was really the only ni**a of his status, like we always looked at him as a legend. [He’s] the only legend to reach down to us.”
Metro Boomin gives good interview. Listen to it in its entirety here.
SOURCE: Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Photos Of Crazy, Cool, Cryptic Celebrity Tattoos
1. Drizzy is always showing love.
Source:false 1 of 16
2. YG went HARD.
Source:false 2 of 16
3. Jhene Aiko Loves Her Some Big SeanSource:false 3 of 16
4. Okay T-Pain
Source:false 4 of 16
gentle reminder that t pain has a tattoo of the word "tattoo" on his neck: pic.twitter.com/LXgXVridPU— violet (@aiyaaaaaaaaaaah) February 10, 2017
5. Stitches went all the way with his ink.Source:false 5 of 16
6. Lil Uzi Vert's New Face TatSource:false 6 of 16
7. Kesha's tattoo of an eye on her palm was inspired by Middle Eastern Hamsa amulets.Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. Megan Fox's tattoo, "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies," is an adaptation of a quote from King Lear by William Shakespeare.Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. Megan has started laser surgery to remove her infamous Marilyn Monroe tattoo.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. Wiz Khalifa's entire body is covered in tattoos.Source:GettyImages 10 of 16
11. Cara Delevingne doesn't do diamond earrings. She has a permanent diamond in her ear.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Angelina Jolie was so in love with Billy Bob Thornton, she got his name tattooed on her arm.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Rihanna's hand tattoo is a work of art.Source:Splash News 13 of 16
14. Amber Rose covered up her Wiz Khalifa tattoo, but her dogs are still tatted on her arm.Source:Echoing Sounds 14 of 16
15. Young Thug got a Gucci Mane-inspired Ice Cream tattoo.Source:Young Thug via Dolly White 15 of 16
16. Before Iggy Azalea's name was on everyone's tongue, the rapper got an A$AP tattoo in honor of her ex A$AP Rocky.Source:Splash News 16 of 16
Producer Metro Boomin Tells The Tale Of How Drake & Future’s ‘WATTBA’ Came About was originally published on globalgrind.com