Today for Black History Month 2019, we are highlighting the music business entrepreneurs behind the label Quality Control– Coach K and Pee.
Birth Date: Kevin “Coach K” Lee (September 12, 1970 ), Pierre “Pee” Thomas (June 7, 1981)
Hometown: Kevin “Coach K” Lee (Indianapolis, IN), Pierre “Pee” Thomas (Atlanta, GA)
- Sugarhill Gang’s “Rapper’s Delight sparked Coach K’s love for hip hop
- Coach K went to Saint Augustine’s University in North Carolina
- Coach K’s first label, Universal Stars, was a failure he learned from
- Coach K used to manage both Gucci Mane and Young Jeezy
- Together, Coach K and Pee signed the Migos, Lil Yachty, City Girls, and other artists that have moved the hip hop culture forward
We thank you for your contributions Coach K and Pee.