Cardi B. took a moment during the 2017 MTV VMAs to let it be known that the Black community is supporting Colin Kaepernick even if the NFL is not.
The pro athelete has been blacklisted from the league ever since he decide to kneel during the national anthem. Many have called out the injustice in the NFL’s response to his peaceful protest of police brutality, but when the Bodak Yellow rapper came out to introduce Demi Lovato, she literally took a pause for the cause.
The show was not going to go on until she had her say. Seizing her moment to show some support, she spoke directly to former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, “Colin Kaepernick, as long as you kneel with us, we’re gonna be standing with you, baby.”
Cardi’s not the only one backing him these days. As more players take a knee, the New York Timesreports that members of the NYPD also stood up for him during a demonstration near the Brooklyn Bridge.
2. Before talking her way into our hearts, Cardi was just a regular, degular Bronx girl.
2 of 9
3. CB never leaves her roots behind.
3 of 9
4. Love on the brain before her man started to despise her fame.
4 of 9
5. Family before fame.
5 of 9
6. “Just a bum bi**h from Highbridge.”- Cardi B
6 of 9
7. From the streets of Highbridge to sipping ‘Kocktails with Khloe.’
7 of 9
8. You know you’ve made it when Rolling Stone is checking for you.
8 of 9
9. 2016 was the year of Cardi B!
9 of 9
Continue reading Cardi B. Backs Colin Kaepernick During MTV VMAs
10 Photos That Prove Cardi B Had The Ultimate Glo’ Up
Cardi B recently announced that she would not be returning to Love & Hip Hop: New York after the current season. The larger than life star’s departure is bittersweet for fans who’ve seen her go from a ‘regular degular smegular’ girl from the Bronx, to one of 2016’s most sought-after personalities.
In honor of the star moving on to bigger and better things, check out these photos of Cardi B’s glo’ up from BX beauty to reality royalty.