Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
TMZ reports that jurors reportedly voted to convict the comedian on two counts of sexual assault by a vote of 10 – 2. However, one juror told ABC News that ten of the jurors believed Cosby digitally penetrated Andrea Constand without her consent, and also believed he drugged her. On the third count, that she was unconscious or unaware, the vote was 11 – 1 in favor of acquittal.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The unidentified juror also revealed that when they first went into the jury deliberation room, they took a straw vote and “overwhelmingly voted to find Cosby not guilty.” But clearly, a lot of minds were changed by the end of the trial. The insider added that things got heated in the deliberation room (after 52 hours of deliberation), but in the end, the two jurors who felt Cosby was not guilty did not budge, so a mistrial was declared.
The juror declined to identify the holdouts.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY 1/24/13: Bill Cosby, Common, Chelsea Handler & More!
1. 1. Wow! Common looks damn good in this grey fitted suit at the Hollywood premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.1 of 10
2. 2. Quadruple threat! Actor, writer, comedian and producer Larry David flashes a half-smile at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.2 of 10
3. 3. Blast from the past! Bill Cosby poses at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. Lookin' good, Bill! || Photo credit: Wenn.3 of 10
4. 4. Green with envy! Late night funny-woman Chelsea Handler rocks this casual emerald green look on the "Movie 43" red carpet. || Photo credit: Wenn.4 of 10
5. 5. Carlton! '90s sitcom star Alfonso Ribeiro and Angela Unkrich turn heads at the premiere of "Movie 43." || Photo credit: Wenn.5 of 10
6. 6. All grown up! Ex-disney star Ashley Tisdale looks smokin' on the red carpet! || Photo credit: Wenn.6 of 10
7. 7. Hang loose! The always hilarious Patrick Warburton flashes some beach inspired hand signs at the "Movie 43" premiere. || Photo credit: Wenn.7 of 10
8. 8. Oh so chic! Chloe Grace Moretz looks casual, yet chic, in this black and white red carpet ensemble. || Photo credit: Wenn.8 of 10
9. 9. Jazz it up! Robert Townsend and Chris Tucker take advantage of a photo-op at the SFJAZZ Historic Opening Night Concert. || Photo credit: Wenn.9 of 10
10. 10. Double take! Madame Tussauds unveils their oh-so-real looking wax figure of Sandra Bullock. Are you sure that's not really her? || Photo credit: Wenn.10 of 10
Two Not Guilty Hold Outs Saved Bill Cosby From Prison was originally published on globalgrind.com