First Lady Michelle Obama Says Farewell to the White House — An Oprah Winfrey Special, will be filmed in the First Family’s private residence and air on CBS December 19 at 8 p.m EST. OWN will re-air the special on Dec. 21 at 9 p.m EST.
Winfrey will serve as executive producer along with OWN Studios and Tara Montgomery, OWN’s Creative Executive Vice President of Programming, Production & Development.
Winfrey, a close friend and supporter of the Obamas, has interviewed the First Couple on numerous occasions. This past June, Winfrey and the First Lady carried out a thorough discussion at the White House’s United State of Women Summit.
It’s speculated that the interview will focus on FLOTUS’ 8-year-impact and her future plans once the family leaves the White House on January 20.
The First Couple made a commitment to work with underprivileged youth under President Obama’s initiative, My Brother’s Keeper, and will also continue Michelle Obama’s impassioned campaign to expand education for girls.
SOURCE: POLITICO | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
1. Amazing SpeechesSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Flawless FashionsSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Health InitiativesSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Her Cool FriendsSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Black Girl MagicSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Supporting BarackSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Mom GoalsSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Memorable TV AppearancesSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. IconicSource:Getty 9 of 9
Oprah Lands Final Michelle Obama White House Interview was originally published on newsone.com