Jane the Virgin, CW’s hit drama starring new television darling and Golden Globe Winner Gina Rodriguez, is back for its second season on Monday, Oct. 12. But for those who can’t wait for more dramatic twists and gaudy turns, a short novel based on the show’s fictional telenovela, The Passions of Santos, is now available on the online writing community, Wattpad.
The Passions of Santos stars Jane’s father, Rogelio, who plays the president of North Ecuaduras in a steamy topsy-turvy romance with his lover, Bianca.
Jane fans can get the first and second chapters of The Passions of Santos on Wattpad now, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Follow up chapters will roll out in tandem with the season 2 premiere of Jane the Virgin.
And in another refreshing first, the novel will be available in both English and Spanish, which may just set a precedent for Wattpad. Caty Burgess, senior VP of Media Strategies at the CW, said, “We wanted to be true to that voice and to do something that would appeal to our bilingual and multicultural audience.”
Want to know what all of the fuss is about before season 2? Bingewatch the first season of Jane the Virgin on Netflix before the premiere.
SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 13
1. Lorde and Taylor Swift were hugged up like besties.
2 of 13
2. Uzo Aduba shined bright in dazzling gown.
3 of 13
3. Lea Michele showed some skin in an unforgettable bright red gown.
4 of 13
4. Sarah Hyland got the all-black memo in a strapless top/skirt set.
5 of 13
5. Bella Thorne dazzled in a sequin mini-dress.
6 of 13
6. Naya Rivera channeled classic beauty in a silver dress with voluminous hair.
7 of 13
7. Gabrielle Union kept things minimal in a plunging gown and strappy heels.
8 of 13
8. Tia Mowry complimented hubby Cory Hardrict in a black dress and dark lips.
9 of 13
9. Emily Ratajkowski was winning in canary yellow.
10 of 13
10. Quvenzhane Wallis looked adorable in a custom-made lilac and white dress.
11 of 13
11. Salma Hayek made a loud statement in a bright purple gown.
12 of 13
12. Alessandra Ambrosio showed off her perfect features in a sheer gown.
13 of 13
13. Selena Gomez, DJ Zedd, and Cara Delevingne were the baddest trio of the night.
The Telenovela From “Jane The Virgin” Gets Its Own Storyline On Wattpad was originally published on globalgrind.com