Dallas-Ft.Worth will be buzzing with hot parties, family events and of course fireworks. Check out the list of activities below to see what you want to do in and around DFW on New Year’s Eve!
1. BIG D NYE is back in Downtown Dallas at Victory Plaza.
Address: American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Avenue Dallas, Texas 75219(214) 221-8326 // Time: All evening (5.00pm – 2.00am)
Since the event is still free and open to the public, administrators will not require wristbands for admission into the venue this year. Event organizer strongly suggest using public transportation, because less time spent looking for a parking place means more time to party!
2. Fashion Industry Gallery New Years Eve would like to invite you to celebrate New Year’s Eve in style
Address: Fashion Industry Gallery 1807 Ross Ave Dallas, TX 75201 (214) 748-4344 // Time: Doors open at 8.00pm
Kiss 2010 goodbye and ring in 2011 in true style with A FashionableNew Years Eve at Fashion Industry Gallery in Dallas.
Drink all you want for one ticket price, with open bar all night long including all beer, liquor and shots. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres will be available from 9pm – 11pm as you enjoy a spectacular runway show with music provided by DJ Humble spinning the hottest video mixes all night long.
3. All Inclusive New Year’s Eve at The Apartment in Dallas
Address: 1444 Oak Lawn Ave, Suite 206, Dallas, TX(214) 749-0400 // Time: 8.00pm to close!
Come Spend New Years with friends from across Dallas for the biggest party of the Year your tickets includes a 6 hour open bar, appetizers and a champagne toast at midnight!! This all inclusive ticket at our upscale club venue guarantees a great New Year Eve!! Includes: * One of the Citys hottest DJs * 6 Hour Premium Open Bar included with all tickets * Passed Hors Doeuvres Food Stations (Served from 8:00 -11:30 pm) * Champagne Toast at Midnight * Complimentary Parking * Complimentary Coat Check
4. Six Flags Over Texas is always the perfect place to spend the holidays, especially NYE
- Arlington (near Dallas)
- 2010 dates: Nov. 26-28, Dec. 4, 5, 10-12, 17-23, 26-31, Jan. 1, 2
- Discounted tickets are $34.99 if purchased in advance online. At the gate, adults pay $54.99 and children under 48″ pay $34.99. Admission is included for both 2010 and 2011 season pass holders. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is offering 2011 “Play” passes for $69.99 ($59.99 each if 4 or more are purchased), which includes admission to this year’s Holiday in the Park and unlimited visits to all Six Flags parks for 2011.
- Buy discounted advance tickets online, direct from Six Flags.
In addition to its lineup of roller coasters and thrill rides, Six Flags is offering live entertainment and lots of holiday decorations for the seasonal event.Details were not available at the time this was posted, but Holiday in the Park should be similar to the 2009 event, which was described as follows:
Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas will feature snow sledding. Sledding? In Texas? With a little ingenuity and some theme park magic, Six Flags makes it possible. In addition to its roller coasters and thrill rides, Six Flags will amp up the holiday hoopla with thousands of lights, festive food, and a slew of themed shows, such as “Honky Tonk Christmas” and “A Jolly Holiday.” Bugs and his Looney Tune pals will be decked out in their holiday finery, Santa’s Land will offer hang time with with the holly-jolly fellow and his elves, and Mrs. Claus will present a Christmas craft workshop.
5. New Year’s Party at Gaylord Texan Resort with Le Freak deep in the heart of Grapevine!
Ring in the New Year at Gaylord Texan’s annual New Year’s Eve Ballroom Gala with live 70’s style entertainment by Le Freak.
Availability: December 31, 2010 for either 1 or 2 nights. Package includes room accommodations at Gaylord Texan Resort, admission for two to the New Year’s Eve Ballroom Gala featuring Le Freak, self-parking.
Gaylord Texan Resort, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas 76051
6. Closing Night of Prairie Lights is an amazing, enchanting show with over 4 million lights! wow!
What: Prarie Lights is a two mile stretch of decorations and festive fun featuring over 4 Million lights, hundreds of new displays, an all-new Holiday Magic light show, new walk-through lighted displays, pictures with Santa, seasonal food and family fun. About halfway through the drive, Holiday Village has Santa, carnival rides (rides are included with the cost of admission), snacks, and souvenirs. Cars with up to eight people in them cost $15 Mon-Thu, $20 Fri-Sun and holidays. Limos and buses cost more.
When: Catch the last night of Prairie Lights on New Year’s Eve
Where: Lynn Creek Park is at 5700 Lake Ridge Parkway in Grand Prairie. Take I-30 or I-20 to 360 and go south. Make a left of Camp Wisdom Road and a right on Lake Ridge Parkway.