Oh, 2012… It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, and many times it was downright WTF. Some were funny, and some were just terrible. Here are our top moments we wish we could forget in 2012!
Mary J. Blige’s Burger King Commercial
MJB shocked us all with her Burger King commercial for the crispy chicken wrap. It always makes us hang our head when we see a black person ever speak about our favorite poultry dish in the company of white folk (in this case it being the entire world), but to see Mary J. Blige croon-and-coon over some nasty crispy chicken wraps (I admit, I had one) was just all types of SMH. After complete backlash from the ad, Burger King pulled it, and MJB acted like she was bamboozled with the idea. She said to CNN, “I agreed to be a part of a fun and creative campaign that was supposed to feature a dream sequence.Unfortunately, that’s not what was happening in that clip, so I understand my fans being upset by what they saw.” Ma’am, I know you must protect your image, but really? Mary was propped up on that counter with a microphone with a whole Summerstage audience in the ad. Who are you fooling? But for a reported $1 million she received for the commercial, I can’t say I wouldn’t harmonize for some chicken myself. Check the commercial below as well as a hilarious parody.
Professor Brian McKnight Wanted To Teach Us Some Things
So singer Brian McKnight wants to show me how my what works? And he’ll make it do WHATnow?? This had to be one of the most awkward songs ever, but McKnight tried to spin this as a joke and the joke was on us. He debuted the song on YouTube in what seemed like his home studio, which was supposedly a request by his female fans for him to get into more explicit content. He even said he was going to release an “adult mixtape.” (Whatever that is.) He ruffled his old man mowhawk and got to harmonizing on his Yamaha keyboard. And he gave us this. #NeverForget and watch the video (NSFW).
Jaheim’s Funeral Costume
Why, oh, why would he do this? Of all days, the days that our beloved sister/auntie/friend in our head Whitney Houston was being buried was not the day for Jaheim to test out his Darkwing Duck costume. The singer caught a lot of flack for his suit, but he never seemed fazed.
Pop Bottles with Hoodies & Heels for Justice
If the death of Trayvon Martin wasn’t extreme enough (especially since his family still haven’t received any types of real justice for his death yet), an Orlando, Florida club decided to have a party in his “honor.” The party occurred less than a month after his wrongful death, and who knows how much of the money the party raised went to the family, but the entire thing was just done in poor taste.
The Uppercut Heard Around the World
Just don’t get bus drivers mad because the wheels on the bus go round and round and so do their fists. A video went viral after a loud female passenger provoked a bus driver by spitting on him and yelling. The bus driver had enough and sent that girl straight to the moon. Both parties involved were completely out-of-order, but it had the Internet buzzing for a while after the altercation.
Ochocinco Thinks He is a Ram
Unfortunately, we saw their divorce coming, but a headbutt? Who would have guessed that? The motion sparked the divorce after Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn Lozadahad only been married a month, was brought on being Ochocinco being caught for his infidelity. The couple ultimately separated, and it brought on even more bizarre behavior from Ochocinco (who was fired from the Miami Dolphins after the domestic dispute), including tattooing Lozada’s face on his leg.
The New New Age Moms
No, these moms don’t bake cookies or drive soccer vans. They have cooler things to do like tat up their kid’s arm or lay them down in the tanning booth for a little bedtime glow. In case you missed it, two mothers came under fire this year for just these reasons. The tanning mom, Patricia Krentcil, took her daughter into a tanning booth and after the five-year-old received second degree burns. On the other side of the ratchet spectrum, Chuntera Napier, allowed her 10-year-old son get a tattoo of his late brother. She was charged with misdemeanor cruelty.
The Miami Zombie
Who in the hell left the gate open? Rudy Eugene wasn’t a real life zombie, more like a cannibal, who made a meal of a homeless man’s face earlier this May. Some reports of the cause were bath salts, PCP, and voodoo, but unfortunately Eugene suffered from mental health problems who had numerous run ins with the law. He was ultimately shot and killed by the police when he would not stop his attack.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
12. My slums know it's coming real soon. It's a marathon. Remember that🕊King Slum
12 of 64
13. You'z a flip ! Lol
13 of 64
14. London 🏄🏾
14 of 64
15. Dinwiddee VA Over 7,000 People Shit Was Something 2 Remember.... #IMissYallAlready #Plies #AintNoMixtapeBih2 (Link In Bio) #RanOffOnDaPlugTwice #RanOffOnDaPlugTwiceTour #RitzCarlton🔥
15 of 64
16. Me & PND Got Some For Ya
16 of 64
17. The Love Was Mad Real In San Francisco it's #moolahseason 📷 by @dionesnavalta 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #younggreatness #moolahseason #islahtour #sanfrancisco #moolah #QCTHALABEL
17 of 64
18. Only if ya up.. 👑
18 of 64
19. I Just Fucked Portland, Oregon Up Ask About Me It's #moolahseason 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #younggreatness #moolahseason #islahtour #portland #moolah #QCTHALABEL
19 of 64
20. What if I told you there was a Taylor Gang x Slum project in the making. Would u listen?
20 of 64
21. My lil homie growing up fast. Gotta get this pic framed. RIP JEFF 🙏
21 of 64
22. This Shit The Trillest Birmingham, Alabama Was Crazy it's #moolahseason 📷 by @dionesnavalta 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #younggreatness #moolahseason #islahtour #alabama #birmingham #moolah #QCTHALABEL
22 of 64
23. Crowd control
23 of 64
24 of 64
25. Young Louis Johnson #fenderelite
25 of 64
26 of 64
27 of 64
28. Free TC tour
28 of 64
29. Richmond, Va Was Lit Last Night Word for Word its #MoolahSeason 📷 by @unkutcinematics 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥#younggreatness #MoolahSeason #richmond #virginia #moolah #QCTHALABEL
29 of 64
30. Salute To My Niggas @jeezy and @akon for bringing me out in my city tonight I will never forget this its #MoolahSeason 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 #younggreatness #MoolahSeason #neworleans #easterjam #moolah #QCTHALABEL
30 of 64
31. Just be doin me! Don't really care what everybody else doin! 📷 @nickbrazinsky
31 of 64
32. "They Screaming Moolah When I Walk In The Building The Young Boi Make A Killing" Recap Of Diamond Awards It's #moolahseason 📷 @niqko 🏆 #younggreatness #moolahseason #jacksonville #florida #diamondawards #breakthroughartistoftheyear #moolah #QCTHALABEL
32 of 64
33. Hand stand on Rotterdam 🤘🏽😆🤘🏽
33 of 64
34. Anytime U Pay Your Money U Deserve Da BEST!!!! #BiloxiMS #Plies #AintNoMixtapeBih2 (Link In Bio) #RanOffOnDaPlugTwice #RanOffOnDaPlugTwiceTour #RitzCarlton🔥
34 of 64
35. You really don't wanna see these two clocked In the studio. Real issues.King Slum
35 of 64
36. Much love to @979thebeat! Had Fun today at the Grambling Vs. PV game! #BeatUpTheBlock
36 of 64
37. Sold Out Show at Mississippi State after they just beat Auburn! Number 1 Team in the Country Now! They went up All night! #BeatUpTheBlock #MississippiStateUniversity
37 of 64
38. Dallas! 2night meant ALOT 2 Me! The Love was Phenomenal! I appreciate every bit of it! #BeatUpTheBlock #TexasRapfest Photo by @QuickMixx!!!
38 of 64
39. Show Season! Booking in Bio! #TexaFornia! @HazeMusicGroup
39 of 64
40. It's these Moments that makes it all worth it!
40 of 64
41. Last Nite
41 of 64
42 of 64
43. Ask @KennyBurns about Japanese
43 of 64
44. Reppin the 3rd coast on the West coast wit @urbanstashspotclothing x @satellitesupply #HoustonOiler
55. Cookin in the studio today 💯 finna get this music out there for y'all 🙌 stay tuned 🙏
55 of 64
56. Cookin in the studio today 💯 finna get this music out there for y'all 🙌 stay tuned 🙏
56 of 64
57. Me and Aunt Viv on the same thing today 😭😂 #MerryBRUHMas #MERRYCHRISTMAS
57 of 64
58. Me and Aunt Viv on the same thing today 😭😂 #MerryBRUHMas #MERRYCHRISTMAS
58 of 64
59. Down w whateva.
59 of 64
60. Told my lady look at me everyday like the girl n the 2nd row look at me.. 😬King Slum
60 of 64
61. One of those feelings you can't explain. I love my fans & supporters. If you fxck w my campaign comment. "King Slum"
61 of 64
62. Da Face U Make When She Show U Dat Lil Pwussy Got Some Power..... #Plies #AintNoMixtapeBih2 (Link In Bio) #RanOffOnDaPlugTwice #RanOffOnDaPlugTwiceTour #RitzCarlton🔥
62 of 64
63. I Stay In My Own Lane..... S/O 2 Everybody Over @ XXL Magazine.... #Plies #AintNoMixtapeBih2 (Link In Bio) #RanOffOnDaPlugTwice #RanOffOnDaPlugTwiceTour #RitzCarlton🔥
63 of 64
64. I Owe This 1 🏆 To All of Y'all , As Of Today #LateNightsTheAlbum Is RIAA Certified Gold. Even Through The NYE Ball Drop ,Three Months Later.. It Was All Worth It. Thanx To Every Producer/Writer/Artist/Engineer That Helped Me Create This. To Mih Fans I Truly Love & Appreciate Each And Every 1 Of You , I Gotchu! 500,000,000 Streams?? True Testament That Without Y'all I'm Really Nothin ' 🔑 #BlessUpPlaqueUp #GoldMember #LateNights < #LaterThatNight 🌚♋️
64 of 64
Continue reading Top WTF Moments Of 2012
Our Favorite Performance Shots from the Dub Car Show & Concert 2016 Artist Line Up