Sorry ladies, J. Cole is officially off the market.
Two years ago, rumors began to circulate regarding an engagement between Cole and his longtime girlfriend, but nothing was confirmed until now. During a sit-down interview with Creed director Ryan Coogler for the #MLKNow event, it was revealed that the Forest Hills Drive MC is, in fact, a married man.
But who is J. Cole’s blushing bride? Much like their relationship, information about her has been kept largely private during Cole’s rise to fame.
Meet Melissa Heholt. Here’s the 411 on Mrs. Jermaine Cole…
They met as students at St. Johns University in Queens, N.Y. and they’ve been together for nearly a decade.
Following graduation, the two began to follow their own paths to success. According to XXL, Melissa is a wedding planner with an M.S. in childhood education and prior teaching experience. She even runs her own event-planning company, Statice Events.
Her hobbies include “traveling (for business and fun), cooking, restaurant hopping, and of course shopping!” She also spends time in New York City and Cole’s native North Carolina “giving back to the community through mentoring, public speaking, and service projects.”
Congratulations to the newlyweds!
16 Things You Probably Didn't Know About J. Cole
1. We all know J. Cole's real name is Jermaine Lamarr Cole. But did you know he was born in Frankfurt, Germany?Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. J. Cole's mom is German & his dad, who left a young Jermaine behind very early on in his life, is African-American.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The "extent" of his "prepared food" repertoire goes only so far as cereal and PB&Js.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. J. Cole's first rap name was Blaza. His second was Therapist.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. He considered himself the underdog. He's quoted as saying: "I've always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds."Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. J. Cole moved his "Born Sinner" release date up from June 25th to June 18th to, specifically, compete with Kanye West's "Yeezus."Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. J. Cole's favorite New Yorker, dead or alive, is Tupac.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. J. Cole stands tall at 6'3" - he's one inch taller than his mentor, Jay Z.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. He was first-chair violinist back in high school.Source: 9 of 13
10. It was J. Cole's mom who encouraged his production, buying her son a $1,300 ASR-X for Christmas so he could make beats at home.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. J. Cole has worked as a newspaper ad salesman and a bill collector, in addition to dressing as a kangaroo while working at a skating rink.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. He first attempted to work with Jay Z after college. In 2007, Hov dismissed the young rapper and the beat tape he was trying to shop around.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. That same night, J. Cole stood around and waited for Jay Z to arrive at the studio, for 3 hours, in the rain - only to get the cold shoulder from Hov.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Who Is Melissa Heholt? Here’s The 411 On J. Cole’s New Wife was originally published on globalgrind.com