Register To Vote (courtesy of wfaa.com)
To vote in Texas, you must be registered. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date.
You are eligible to vote if:
* You are a United States citizen;
* You are legally registered to vote in Texas;
* You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
* You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
* You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
* Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
* Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
* Your first and last name.
Find out if you are already registered. votetexas.org.
* MORE INFO CONTACT
(800) 252-VOTE | http://www.sos.state.tx.us
© 2010 Office of the Texas Secretary of State. All Rights Reserved.