Comedian Michael Blackson has just opened his first school, and it won’t cost the families of those who attend it any money.
Blackson, born in Ghana, opened “Michael Blackson Academy” in his hometown of Agona Nsaba. He says the school will be “free for all” and accommodate underserved 6th and 7th graders.
The three-story tall building will feature multiple classrooms and lots of amenities. It was officially commissioned on Tuesday, January 3.
The Ghanian-American shared the opening day on his social media. He said, “Today is the greatest day of my life because I’ve finally accomplished what I always wanted to do which is giving these kids a chance to be great. Greatness starts with education and foundational education shouldn’t come with financial barriers.”
- DeSoto ISD Superintendent Dr. Usamah Rodgers Discusses Academics, Football Championship & Upcoming Choice Showcase!
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Viola Davis, GloRilla, and More Up For Grammy Awards!
- Boosie Just Went On A Live Blocking Spree
- Big Up / Let Down: Black Photogs Get A Disney Doll Deal + Kenya Barris’ N-Word Hot Take
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources
- Blaccurate News: Tyre Nichols Update & Addressing Police Brutality (Again)
- Public Seales Announcement: A Poem For Tyre Nichols + Words For His Killers
- Latto’s Panties Garner Almost 100K On eBay After Fan Shades Her For Wearing The Same Undies In Her Photos
- Netflix’s “You People” Makes Big Splash In Opening Weekend
Comedian Michael Blackson Opens School in Ghana, Offers Free Education was originally published on wzakcleveland.com