You are cordially invited to be part of a historical music week in The Land!
The Radio One Cleveland Family, in partnership with Destination Cleveland and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, are kicking off the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Week of Activities and events during Celebration Day powered by PNC on Sunday, Oct. 24.
In addition to the all-day festivities at the Rock Hall, Radio One will be hosting a live remote on the Union Home Mortgage Plaza at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame from 4-6 p.m. that day, and will lead a Cleveland rendition of the popular line dance, the “Trans-Europe Express.” This live event will be hosted by none other than Cleveland legend and 93.1 mid-day host, Sam Sylk. The music to this iconic line dance was created by Kraftwerk, a German band who established the blueprint for modern electronic music and has been sampled widely by artists from another 2021 Inductee JAY-Z to Coldplay and has influenced others like Depeche Mode, U2, and Kanye West, are being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame at the 36th Annual Induction Ceremony in Cleveland on Oct. 30
“We are pleased to partner with Destination Cleveland and Radio One to bring this deeply rooted Cleveland neighborhood tradition into Induction week! Music by 2021 Inductees Kraftwerk fueling a 40-year tradition in Cleveland’s African-American community underscores the power of rock & roll to unite and inspire.” said Greg Harris, President & CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Kraftwerk is part of one of the most diverse Inductee classes in the institution’s history. The 2021 class includes Tina Turner, Carole King, The Go-Go’s, Foo Fighters, and Todd Rundgren, along with Charley Patton and Gil Scott-Heron for Early Influence, LL Cool J, Billy Preston and Randy Rhoads for Musical Excellence, and Clarence Avant for the Ahmet Ertegun Award.
“We are thrilled to partner with Destination Cleveland and the Rock Hall to help kick off their Induction Week celebration. The ‘Trans-Europe Express’ line dance is a cultural phenomenon that transcends generations, race, age and cultural boundaries,” said Eddie Harrell, Jr., Regional Vice President of Radio One. “We commend Destination Cleveland the Rock Hall for its commitment to diversity. Inducting icons such as Tina Turner, Jay Z, LL Cool J and Clarence Avant are a clear recognition of the impact that African Americans have made in the American music scene,” added Harrell, Jr.
Radio Legends: Classic Interviews By Rickey Smiley & Tom Joyner
1. Mo'Nique and Rickey Reflect On Their Time In The Comedy1 of 20
2. Chris Tucker Explains Why He Came Back To Hollywood2 of 20
3. A New, Improved Gucci Mane Visits The Rickey Smiley Morning Show3 of 20
4. Katt Williams Comes Clean About His Troubles4 of 20
5. Kevin Hart Starts A Roasting Session5 of 20
6. K-Ci and Jo Jo Perform "Life" And "If You Think You're Lonely Now"6 of 20
7. Michelle Obama Talks About Her Book7 of 20
8. Fellow Radio Personality D.L. Hughley Catches Up With Tom Joyner8 of 20
9. Joseline Hernandez Sets The Record Straight9 of 20
10. George Wallace Comes With ALL The Jokes10 of 20
11. Bruce Bruce Shares A Hilarious Story About His Wife11 of 20
12. Trey Songz Talks About Wanting A Family12 of 20
13. Mike Epps And Rickey Smiley's Touching Reunion13 of 20
14. Earthquake Shares His Thoughts On Women And Dating14 of 20
15. Snoop Dogg Has Heartfelt Moment After Loss Of Kobe Bryant15 of 20
16. Cedric The Entertainer Catches Up With The Fly Jock16 of 20
17. Kanye West Shares His Future Dreams17 of 20
18. Kenny Lattimore Gets Real About His Split With Chante Moore18 of 20
19. TI Drops In On The Rickey Smiley Morning Show19 of 20
20. KeKe Wyatt Performs "If You Only Knew"20 of 20
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox: