According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Busta Rhymes “Boomp!,” Benny The Butcher “Famous” & More | Daily Visuals 11.30.20
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s Ep. 12: Blame It On The Alcohol [Listen]
- The Lo Down: Las Vegas Raiders Dragged For Tone Deaf Response To Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Bakari Sellers On Why He Thinks People Will Be Disappointed After Derek Chauvin Sentencing
- Murderer Derek Chauvin Gets New Mugshot, Officially Property of The State of Minnesota
- Report: Baby Blue Of Pretty Ricky Shot In Miami
- Joe Biden & Kamala Harris Say “We Still Have Work To Do” After Derek Chauvin Conviction
- Bobby Brown Reveals He Believes Nick Gordon Responsible for Death of Whitney Houston and Bobbi Kristina
- Rolling Loud Is Back: Travis Scott, A$AP Rocky To Headline Miami 2021 Festival
- Bodycam Footage Released of the Fatal Shooting of the Columbus Teen by Police
- 1 Dead After Columbus Police Respond To Altercation
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com