Verzuz is supposed to be all about the music but the Brandy V Monica battle was practically overshadowed by the ladies’ fashion. Monica wore a Fendi outfit that was styled to the gods and instantly had me looking for where to buy and how much it would set me back. But to no surprise, Miss Thang wore a lewk that we can’t buy. But the details….. I got ’em for you.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Celebrity stylist Kollin Carter was at the center of Monica’s custom Fedi look. He revealed that Monica wanted a Fedi logo look that you and I didn’t have access to and he achieved just that in true Dapper Dan style.
“Monica was very adamant about doing logos! I wanted to of course make it something unique that you couldn’t just go in a store and buy. I wanted it to feel nostalgic.” – Kollin Carter
First Carter took a Fendi Overcoat that retails for $3,980 and deconstructed it into a cropped bolero style jacket. Putting one of the remaining fabric to waste the rest of the overcoat was used to adorn the corset. The corset was constructed by Garo Sparo, a celebrity fashion designer and custom designer, who wrapped and constructed the boned corset. The beret was a Fendi skirt that retailed for $1,980 that was also deconstructed for a custom fit. Now to settle the biggest debate about Monica’s look, both Solange and Tyler the Creator were going back and forth in the comments on if Monica was wearing boots or leather pants. Carter settled this debate by revealing she was wearing extended leather pants with splits that came over Gianvito Rossi sandals.
So there you have it. You can’t buy the look but if you got the plug you can get it.
10 Times Both Brandy And Monica Contributed to Black Culture
1. 1Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. 2Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. 3Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. 4Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. 5Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. 6Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. 7Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. 8Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. 9Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. 10Source:Getty 10 of 10
- Rick Ross Goes Viral Again
- Serena Williams Is Back Online Literally
- Bobby Shmurda Denied Parole, Won’t Be Released Until 2021
- All The Black History Made At The 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- ‘Racist Bigot’ Trump Supporter Who Killed BLM Protester Dies By Suicide
- Lil Wayne Gets New McLaren For His Birthday From Mack Maine
- CDC: The Majority of Children That Have Died From COVID19 Are Black, Hispanic, or Native American
- Vivica A. Fox Tests Positive For COVID-19, Misses Emmy Telecast
- Pamela Hutchinson Of The Emotions, Known For ‘Best Of My Love’ Hit Single, Passes Away At 61
- Dr. Dre’s Estranged Wife Says He “Expelled” Her From Home, Hiding Assets
Here’s The Details On Monica’s Fendi Look She Wore On Verzuz was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com