Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- Da Baby Throwing A Punch From Stage? AT A FANNNNN????? (soulja boy voice)
- New Study: How Do Hip-Hop Fans Rate Their Sex Life?
- Rick Ross Looks Like He’s Ready Ready
- The #DeeList: Top 5 Things That Could Ruin Your Friday, 9-20-19
- The Hip Hop Nutcracker Online Contest
- Meet The Man Who Has 2 Wives, An Ex-Wife and 26 Kids | Quincy Harris Morning Show Exclusive
- How Are The Top Infulential Stars Reacting to Tekashi 69
- Michael B. Jordan Is Soaking Wet As Alicia Keys’ Eye Candy In New Visuals ‘Show Me Love’
- The Most Outrageous Things To Come Out Of Tekashi 6ix9ine’s Thursday Testimony
- RHOA’s Kenya Moore, Husband Marc Daly File For Divorce After Two Years Of Marriage