Nas will always be illmatic and this time is no different with the release of his short film, ‘NASIR.’ The Queensbridge native dropped the 16 minute documentary to accompany his 11th album with the same name that was dropped earlier this year. The film touches on the social issues in his neighborhood of Queens, New York like racism and police brutality.
His ‘NASIR’ album produced by Kanye West plays as the soundtrack with Hip Hop Legends Slick Rick and Demarius Mack making cameos.
“I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @927theblock
Watch the film below:
The HSTRY designer already revealed that he is working on a follow up to NASIR and is in the studio with SWIZZ BEATZ and Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
No release date on the follow up has been released.
- Dallas Transgender Woman Found Dead on Saturday
- Allison Williams Reveals How Black Men React To Her After Get Out | Extra Butter
- #WordEyeHeard: Weekend Wrap-Up: Stevie J’s Baby and Kodak Black’s Justice…?
- Police Peacefully Arrest Suspected Cop Killer One Week After Killing Unarmed Pamela Turner
- Texas Lottery Multiplier Sweepstakes
- Melvin Edmonds Of After 7 Dead At 65
- Billionaire Robert F. Smith Pledges To Eliminate Student Loan Debt For Morehouse’s Class Of 2019
- New Book Highlights The Legacy Of Black Cyclist Marshall Taylor
- DaBaby’s Security Beat Fan Into a Coma
- Actress Regina Hall Receives Honorary Degree From Dillard University