Make sure you stop at 7-Eleven today to get a free SLURPEE, did you know the Slurpee started in Dallas?
A guy named Omar Knedlik had the idea for the ICEE, but needed help building the machine with Dallas-based John E. Mitchell, having completed design of the ICEE machine in 1965. Then a 7-Eleven manager in Dallas bought several ICEE machines and sold the product under a new name and that’s how the Slurpee was born!
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @’979thebeat’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- The Game Posts 6 Minute IG Rant After Being Ignored By Kids On Father’s Day
- How Has Dating Been For You Post Pandemic? POLL
- ‘Dismantling Democracy’: Republicans’ Latest Filibuster Is Another Attempt To ‘Kill Black Voting Power’
- Ralph Lauren Is The Newest Sponsor Of The G2 Esports Team [Video]
- DMX To Be Honored With A Special Tribute at the 2021 BET Awards
- Nann: Trina Defends JAY-Z & Beyoncé After Trick Daddy’s Clubhouse Slander
- J. Cole Announces ‘The Off-Season’ Tour With 21 Savage
- Former No Limit Rapper Paroled After 20 Years In Prison
- Futura Shares Thoughts On The North Face Case Ruling
- Dallas Own Sha’Carri Richardson Clinches Victory and Headed to Tokyo Oylmpics