Kendrick Lamar just made history. His album DAMN., which recently celebrated it’s one year anniversary, has won the Pulitzer Prize for music. It is the first non-classical or jazz piece to win the prestigious award. On Monday, The Pulitzer board called the album, “a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.”
This is clearly epic, but some people — to be more specific, some white people, are not happy for Lamar. Check out some of the craziest reactions below.
Follow The Beat On Twitter: Follow @979thebeat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Fortunately, there are some people who are clapping back at the insanity, see some of the tweets below:
K.Dot has been a force in the music industry ever since his debut album Section. 80 in 2011. He is a 12-time Grammy and DAMN. is Kendrick’s most successful album when it comes to both critical acclaim and sales. This is a big win for both Kendrick Lamar and the hip-hop community as the line between rap and the rest of music continues to blur. So for all the haters who are enraged that Kendrick Lamar is winning — get over it.
You can watch the announcement for the 2018 Pulitzer prize below.
- DC Young Fly Says How High 2 Is A Wrap Literally
- Quavo Just Confirmed Away To Win A Free Prize #DjTakeoffChallenge
- YoungBoy NBA ft. Kevin Gates & Quando Rondo “I Am Who They Say I Am,” Maxwell “Shame” & More | Daily Visuals 10.17.18
- Keith Ellison’s Political Opponents Are Trying Every Trick In The Book To Beat Him
- Is Cardi B Is A Better Performer (And Twerker) Than Nicki Minaj?
- Judge Throws Florida Cops In Jail After They Framed Black Teen With Burglaries
- Mo’Nique’s Snatched Waist Is Everything You Need Today!
- Stacey Abrams On Steady Grind Rallying Against Voter Suppression Ahead Of Midterms
- Kinky Flacko: A$AP Rocky Gets Candid About His First Orgy
- Georgia Police Department Sparks More Outrage After Cop Drags Black Boy On Video
Some White People Are Seriously Mad That Kendrick Lamar Won The Pulitzer was originally published on newsone.com