“But if all I hear is me, then who should I be afraid of?” Drake rapped on his 2012 album Take Care.
That statement holds true now more than ever with new artist ItsRoutine featured all over Erykah Badu‘s But You Caint Use My Phone project released last month. The newcomer sounds more like Drake than Drake, if that’s even possible. And in a new interview with Pitchfork, Erykah spoke about how Drizzy feels regarding the uncanny resemblance: “I told him about ItsRoutine, and he laughed and made a joke that he didn’t want these guys taking up his tea time.”
If you remember, Drake once referenced having tea with the songstress in his song “Days In The East.”
She was also asked about the possibility of collaborating with the 6 God, and it seems like the two may have something on the horizon. “He’s with me every step of the way. We’re not finished—you thought I was through?!” she added.
Drake is cool with people borrowing his sound; just remember where it began:
Check out the rest of Erykah Badu’s interview with Pitchfork here.
SOURCE: Pitchfork | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Erykah Badu's Most Outrageous Outfits
1. Matching is for losers.1 of 14
2. An extra-tall hat and a coat to match.2 of 14
3. Making sweats look cool on 106 & Park.3 of 14
4. She wore headphones as an accessory before everyone did.4 of 14
5. She also did denim on denim before it was cool.5 of 14
6. She'll rock kicks on the red carpet.6 of 14
7. All yellow everything.7 of 14
8. Known to pull a cowboy hat out of her collection.8 of 14
9. Another interesting hat.9 of 14
10. When she made feathers a fashion statement.10 of 14
11. The bag lady.11 of 14
12. She's never afraid to take hair risks.12 of 14
13. She was a vibrant stand-out at the Academy Awards.13 of 14
14. Only Erykah Badu can make a colorful windbreaker look this cool.14 of 14
Erykah Badu Reveals How Drake Felt About That Impersonator On Her New Mixtape was originally published on globalgrind.com