The publication throws some subtle shade as it reminds readers that Naomi was in the prime of her career in the 1990s and apart of an elite group of models, many of whom have let themselves go as time went on.
“It’s been more than 20 years, and some of Naomi’s super-pals have mostly gone off to do do-gooder work, or launch skin-care lines, their faces not really resembling their faces anymore, just tributes to the faces they used to have. But that’s them. That’s not Naomi” said the publication.
If you scroll the her Instagram, it’s easy to see that Naomi is STILL in her prime. She has no problem booking the covers of Vogue or Vanity Fair, as well as roles on American Horror Story: Hotel, Empire and more.
When asked about the stereotypes of models aging and retiring, her clap back was on point:
“I don’t see why I need to stop what I’m doing,” she says. “I’m not living for what other people think of me.”
Bravo Ms. Campbell! Check out some of photos from her GQ spread below!
10 Reasons We Love Naomi Campbell & Want Her To Keep Slaying
1. Naomi Will ALWAYS Be The Queen!1 of 7
2. She Doesn't Mind Learning From OthersSource: 2 of 7
3. But, She Knows What She's Talking About When It Comes To Racism In Her Own IndustrySource: 3 of 7
4. ...Including Trans Models Trying To Break In The IndustrySource: 4 of 7
5. She's Just As Obsessed With Lupita N'yongo As We AreSource: 5 of 7
Naomi Campbell Claps Back At Critics Who Think She’s Too Old To Model was originally published on hellobeautiful.com