The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @979beat
News outlets are reporting that the case against former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle is far serious than just possession of Child Pornography. Court documents say the Subway pitchman engaged in sexual acts with minors. Under a plea deal Fogle may receive up to five and 12½ years in prison for handling child pornography and having sex with a minor.
According to court documents, the charges against Fogle are related to his relationship with Russell C. Taylor, the executive director of the Jared Foundation, who was arrested more than two months ago on federal child pornography charges.
According to the plea deal and indictment:
• Between 2011 and April 2015, Fogle received from Taylor multiple pornographic images of minors engaging in sexually explicit contact.
• Fogle had conversations with Taylor about the child porn, but instead of alerting authorities, he “chose to benefit from such production by obtaining access to a significant amount of such material.”
• The images and videos were recorded by Taylor at his home through the use of hidden cameras.
• Between 2010 and February 2013, Fogle traveled from Indiana to New York to pay to have sex with minors.
• One victim told investigators she had sex with Fogle twice when she was 17 in exchange for money, once at the Plaza Hotel and once at the Ritz Carlton, both in New York City.
• The same minor also said that Fogle had sex with her three other times before 2012, when she was 16.
• Prosecutors say that text messages, travel records, hotel records and a search of Fogle’s home provided evidence of these arrangements.
• The same minor said Fogle had sex with another 16-year-old girl on another occasion.
• Prosecutors say they have talked to witnesses who can testify about conversations Fogle had with them offering a “finder’s fee” for seeking minors for him.
Also, Fogle’s wife Katie has filed for divorce.