Source: Jeff Kravitz / Getty
More news concerning
According to a new
report, it was the rapper’s physician who called 911 after learning he tried to assault a gym staff member. The site also reports the physician, TMZ Dr. Michael Farzam, warned the dispatcher that although Kanye wasn’t violent at the moment, he “would become violent when police arrived to help him.”
For obvious reasons, Dr. Farzam also attempted to conceal the superstar’s identity.
Law enforcement sources tell us, the call came in as a male with mental illness. Dr. Michael Farzam said his patient’s name was “Jim Jones, 39 years old, 5’8″, 175 lbs … suffers from temporary psychosis due to sleep deprivation and dehydration.”
According to the police report the doctor told cops he had placed Kanye on a 5150 psychiatric hold and wanted him taken to UCLA Medical Center. We’re told there’s an issue over whether the doctor actually placed Kanye on a 5150.
Previous reports claim
Kanye was handcuffed to a stretcher as he was taken in for psychiatric evaluation. TMZ says that’s just protocol when there is a potential 5150 hold involved.
In a separate article, the site also claims his in-laws are on their way to show him and Kim some moral support.
“ the site writes. has more Kardashian reinforcements coming his way … Kanye West , Khloe and Kourtney have taken to the skies. The 3 family members boarded a private jet Tuesday afternoon leaving NYC, after staying behind Monday to honor the late Robert Kardashian at the Angel Ball,” Kris
We will continue to keep you updated as more details emerge.
47 Bizarre Kanye West Facts That Will Make Your Day
41 photos Launch gallery
1. Kanye lived in China for a year in the fifth grade.
1 of 41
2. He’s said he enjoys finalizing a song’s post-production more than having sex.
2 of 41
3. He was arrested in 2000 for stealing printers from Office Max in a case of mistaken identity.
3 of 41
4. He consciously replaced the N-word with “homie” on “Can’t Tell Me Nothing.”
4 of 41
5. He sold his first beat to Chicago rapper Gravity for $8,800.
5 of 41
6. He used the $8,800 to buy Polo clothes and a Jesus Piece.
6 of 41
7. He then sold the Jesus Piece to No I.D. to finance his move to NYC.
7 of 41
8. Donda convinced the 19-year-old No I.D. to meet 14-year-old Kanye and “teach him how to do music.”
8 of 41
9. He doesn’t keep his Grammys or any other awards in his house.
9 of 41
10. Kanye claims he has synesthesia, meaning he can see sounds.
10 of 41
11. After “Late Registration” dropped, he said: “I think I’m gonna move to London. Get a fake-ass British accent like Madonna.”
11 of 41
12. He once worked as a telemarketer to pay his mother $200 per month in rent, which she demanded.
12 of 41
13. Kanye personally asked Seth Rogen and James Franco to perform their spoof of “Bound 2″ at his wedding to Kim.
13 of 41
14. But it didn’t happen because they all agreed it was a silly idea.
14 of 41
15. He once was nicknamed “Deep House” because of his baggy pants and backpacks.
15 of 41
16. In 2005, he said: “I TiVo rap videos so I can study them. To learn what steps to take to crush them all.”
16 of 41
17. He didn’t appreciate Common’s “They Say” being nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collab over “Heard ‘Em Say” and “Gold Digger.”
17 of 41
18. He apologized to Common for the way his Grammy speech sounded when “Late Registration” beat “Be” for Best Rap Album.
18 of 41
19. After the Taylor Swift incident, Mos Def visited Kanye’s home and told him to flee the U.S.
19 of 41
20. Kanye took Mos Def’s advice, escaping to Japan, then Rome, before settling in Hawaii for six months to record “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.”
20 of 41
21. Also after Taylor Swift, “South Park” fried him for two hours in a parody episode titled, “Fishsticks.”
21 of 41
22. While recording MBDTF, he asked food delivery men for their opinions on the album when they stopped by his studio.
22 of 41
23. He made Pusha T re-write his verse on “Runaway” four times. Each time, pushing Pusha T to be more of a douchebag.
23 of 41
24. He came out of his own pocket to shoot the “Glow in the Dark Tour” when Best Buy backed out of sponsoring it.
24 of 41
25. He made his first beat in the seventh grade.
25 of 41
26. The beat was for a “sexual video game.” “The main character was, like, a giant penis,” he explained. “It was like Mario Brothers, but the ghosts were, like, vaginas.”
26 of 41
27. The idea was abandoned due to the “labor intensive process.” “It literally took me all night to do a step, ’cause the penis, y’know, had little feet and eyes.”
27 of 41
28. We know he’s from the Chi, but he was actually born in Atlanta.
28 of 41
29. His father, Ray, was a photojournalist and Christian Counselor in ATL, while his mother was an English professor at Clark Atlanta.
29 of 41
30. Thanks to hip-hop, we know that Blue Ivy was conceived in Paris, while North West was conceived in Florence. TMI?
30 of 41
31. Kanye paid $35,000 of his own money to shoot the “Through The Wire” music video.
31 of 41
32. Initially, Chaka Khan refused to clear the sample for “Through The Wire.”
32 of 41
33. Kanye brought Chaka’s son to a BBQ and played him the “Through The Wire” music video. Two weeks later, Chaka cleared the sample.
33 of 41
34. Michael Jackson called Kanye to compliment the jacket he wore in the “Stronger” music video.
34 of 41
35. He’s thought of becoming a male porn star “once or twice.”
35 of 41
36. He’s said that Drake is the first artist to scare him.
36 of 41
37. Kanye and Jay Z performed “N*ggas In Paris” 12 times in a row on one night in Paris.
37 of 41
38. Kanye once had a blog called KanyeUniverseCity.com.
38 of 41
39. In 2008, he posted a nude picture of Kim to his blog as he dubbed her his “girl of the week.”
39 of 41
40. One week later, he posted a picture of Kourtney Kardashian in a bra and made her his “girl of the week.” Awkward?
40 of 41
41. He originally planned a theatrical release for all of the music videos from “Late Registration.”
41 of 41